FC Barcelona Finances

mc_lovin

It's not like they gift us money or buy part of the club, we still have to pay it back. It's pretty much just re-financing our debt. The question is how good or bad the conditions of our current debt are and how much better the Saudi package is. But there has to be a catch apart from promotion and a few friendlies? 'Aggressive' advertisement doesn't sound too good though :p For that they should actually pay us :S

But truth be told, there is no country I despise more than Saudi Arabia (more precisely their leadership). The whole Kashoggi situation struck a nerve with me.

jamrock

Pass plus it's probably all lies,but it's cool don't worry about a thing, because under the great Joan laporta everything is gonna be alright.

Zidane82

Guess you are all discussing this..

A company from Dubai offered Bar?a to pay $1.5B of its debt. In exchange, Barca would have 12 years to repay and 2 years of deficiency + a very low interest rate.

cro-man

Would rather go bankrupt than making business with them. Anyway its clear that some will try to take advantage of our current situation. I just hope that the club is not falling for it and finds a decent solution.

jamrock

It wouldn't make sense anyway, we received a Half a billion euro loan from GS with an excellent interest rate to refinance our loans, so i don't know why we would need another 1.5b loan.

What we need now in revenue injections through sponsorships & well as our continued exercise to trim expenses (doing very well is this regard)

FinBarcelonafan

It wouldn't make sense anyway, we received a Half a billion euro loan from GS with an excellent interest rate to refinance our loans, so i don't know why we would need another 1.5b loan.

What we need now in revenue injections through sponsorships & well as our continued exercise to trim expenses (doing very well is this regard)

Finish the Espai Barca project, buy new players/buy out old ones.

I think with earlier deals we just refinanced old loans.(short-term ones)

khaled_a_d

Finish the Espai Barca project, buy new players/buy out old ones.

I think with earlier deals we just refinanced old loans.(short-term ones)

Espai Barca is going to be done by new long term loans with GS too.
The old GS loan is basically same deal proposed by whatever UAE based bank/company: We buy your old loans, and gives you one big loan on better conditions.
That is why it doesn't make sense, we already done that

Nazario1985

Would rather go bankrupt than making business with them. Anyway its clear that some will try to take advantage of our current situation. I just hope that the club is not falling for it and finds a decent solution.

You would rather close the club for some fake ass morality ?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We sold ourselves when we accepted Qatar as shirt sponsors and socis don't seem to care that much about the state the club is in.

Home of Barca Fans