FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm pretty sure the reports are that Barca would have received 250m euros for the CVC deal.

Also 10% is the return CVC is asking for,if that suits your mind better but it's really just splitting hairs, CVC will received 10% of the tv revenues for 50 years for providing us 250m euros now, we currently receive 150m euros per year for our tv deal, assuming everything remains as it is for the next 50 years, that's 15m per season for 50 years, that's 750m euros.

10% stake, 10% interesting is all pretty much the same thing & a horrible deal for any club who is remotely thinking about the future, that's a classic bartomeu deal mortgage the future for immediate returns.

People can say what they will about Perez but he is a brilliant business man, it took him probably 10 minutes & is calculator to say what, you give me 250, I give you back 750, helll nooo.

Their is a reason Italy & Germany rejected the offer.

It they had come in & ask for 2-4% of revenues over the next 50 years, I guarantee you Barca & Madrid would have taken it, but 10% that's ridiculous.

OK, I get where the 750m comes from. However, the counter argument is if the TV deal grows much bigger as a result of the deal (which is projected by KPMG, by 1 billion euros more beyond 2030), then the participating clubs will still win by not only getting compensated, also by receiving more TV money than they would have without the deal, right?

If the end result is these clubs will take in more than they lose, receive more than they would have without it, then it is a win, no?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The 750ME is the money we lose for our TV rights over the course of 50 years. There's the argument to be made that CVC will help grow the market, but that's pure BS for me. It's essentially a loan with 13% interest rate (figures from our financial director)... when we can get under 2% interest rate with a regular loan (like the Goldmann Sachs deal).

I don't know how 13% interest rate was calculated. Say we borrow 250m from a bank, a lender or any institution with a 50-year term and 13% interest rate, we will need to to repay over 1.6 billion including the principal and interest by the time it matures, by my calculation. Not the case in this case.

Anyways, again I am OK if we don't want to participate for whatever reason, challenging it and trying to torpedo the deal when we are not part of it is silly, to say the least.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly the only potential benefit of the CVC deal is that its not technically a loan,(even though it really is a loan) but if we were to go out on the market and get a loan for 250m we would pay back 3% interest as most, lets say the repayment terms is over the exact same 50 years that's 100's of million of dollars saved.

I kept wondering, these clubs are not stupid, if this is just like a loan or even worse than it like you guys are saying, why would they choose to participate, instead of just getting a loan with favorable terms through a regular channel?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Many good points raised after your post.
-I simply thing Barca & RM feel they get hurt by the deal.
-The 3 top member owned club are going on legal war against the deal (only one who accepted it is Osasona).
-Spanish federation are also going in legal war against it.
-Two other respected leagues rejected it.
-My understanding is, only the current 42 clubs receives financial loan from the deal, but both Liga and Segunda pay for it from TV rights (except those who voted no), but what about teams who receives nothing now and get promoted later? In 20 years there could be 25 different teams entering those divisions, do they get a pay cut from there share? What if Barca B, Castilla ,Bilbao B promoted to Liga 2? do they pay money or not?
What if a team like Celta gets the money now, get relegated, in 2 years they are out of the top 2 tiers and they still have to pay that debt despite financial crisis?
Too many variables.

The thing is, I respect your opinion, but it is tough to judge the club legal and economic team based on opinions here, same with Bilbao and RM.
What you said doesn't prove we are following Perez at all, the 2 clubs are simply in same boat if we are being honest. They are both aren't in best economic situation (RM better than us tbf) and both feel the pressure from EPL and state owned clubs. Tebas simply has gone full mad during Covid and is an old outdated guy who benefited a lot from the golden era of the two clubs. The ESL was supported by other 12 clubs including Atletico, it is just Barca are one of the few clubs that feels zero pressure to bend to UEFA, fans already made and mostly supporting the club in this, no government pressure either. Why should he drops when it barely hurts and if they succeed, they can make huge success story

Yeah, a lot of unknowns, certainly by us. On your 5th point, I'd like to think La Liga has it figured out, but who knows.

I am just upset that we seem to be in cahoots with Real Madrid on too many occasions these days and this latest move to challenge the CVC deal hoping to derail it, might end up hurting us in the end. I believe we need to beef up the league not just to make sure we don't fall further behind the EPL, but also to make sure we will continue to stay ahead of Bundesliga, Serie A and even Ligue 1. I want us to benefit from a stronger La Liga. I'd appreciate any help La Liga clubs can get these days.

As to the ESL, it is wishful thinking that has no immediate future at all. The English and German clubs are barred to join by law as it seems and without the English clubs, it is never going to fly or generate the kind of potential and money Florentino and Laporta wished.

Messigician

Lyin Joan Laporta flip flops from begging for sympathy saying we are broke and blaming the former board and promising major transfers or the renewal of major players like Messi and Dembele.

No one trusts a word he says folks

Messigician

Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta shared his opinion about the situation with striker Lionel Messi.

How to convince Messi to stay?

I have a good relationship with Leo. I've earned his trust. He always told me: "Everything you promised, you have fulfilled." He knows that we will do what we offer. We must show our affection for him. He needs to know that we want him.

I will do everything possible for him to finish his sports career at the very top. The same goes for other players from this generation: Busquets, Pique, Alba, and so on. They have to go out the front door, like Iniesta, Puyol and Xavi.

No wonder Messi was so upset

Messi983

Who the feck signs contracts like that? It should always go lower anyway. Jeeeeez.

Let me be a devil's advocate here for a second.

1. Those contracts were all signed pre-corona so while there is no doubt players were overpaid the club could still afford to pay those wages with close to 1B revenues.

2. Bartomeu probably counted on the ESL money (clubs were working on that project for 2-3 years if not longer) at the time contracts would be raised so again without corona and with additional 300m+ we'd get from the ESL project we could pay Messi, Griezmann and other contracts with ease. Sure, some of them would still be overpaid due to not performing/not being a fit but financially the club could afford those wages.

3. About Griezmann's loyalty bonus. Player needs to actually stay at the club for some time before he gets that money so starting those payments from his 3rd season at the club makes sense.

Devils

SPORT | Cupra offers the club 6 cars as a courtesy, away from the cars it provides to the players. The new board of directors requested an increase in the number from 6 to 24 cars! The company is concerned about the club's demands

We might lose them as a sponsor too!

Forget this poverty car company. Let's get Bugatti onboard.

Andresito

Staff member
SPORT | Cupra offers the club 6 cars as a courtesy, away from the cars it provides to the players. The new board of directors requested an increase in the number from 6 to 24 cars! The company is concerned about the club's demands

We might lose them as a sponsor too!

Forget this poverty car company. Let's get Bugatti onboard.

Big Benz ain't gonna allow that.

ea10fac9-a811-4613-8d2f-f8b03f4b356f

Home of Barca Fans