FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As previously discussed, as long as safeguards will be in place to make sure abuses, undue outside influence and hostile takeovers won't happen, it is good!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So, our revenue projections should be around 765ME as well? Suddenly our financial situation wouldn't look that bad anymore. 1.3BE debt with ~800ME in revenue is not great, but hardly disastrous either.

My guess is that figure is not far off from the projected revenue, but anything and many things can still happen outside of our control. For one thing I am hoping Procicat will allow Camp Nou to fill up to 60% specified by the Spanish government (rumored to be up to 80% soon).

For the 20/21 season our revenue was 631m (a club figure, usually 50 - 80m more than the standard Deloitte revenue figures measuring all clubs), which doesn't sound that bad given the circumstances.

behindbrowneyes

Officially confirmed by the club:

- The results of the due diligence will be presented by CEO Ferran Reverter on October 6th.

- The planned general meeting will take place on October 16th/17th, in which, among other things, a reduction of the presidency to 5 years will be presented to the members for a decision.

- The planned budget for the 21/22 season is 765 million euros. According to Laporta, this is an extremely conservative and, if possible, "minimal" assessment. In other words: there are realistic chances that this planning will be exceeded.

We remember: the masa salarial with the current savings amounts to approx. 410-420 million euros. This would currently correspond to a share of 53-54 percent of the planned budget.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not getting my hopes up. 765m looks great already given we are still in COVID, not sure if we will exceed it. Deals with multiple sponsors, not just Ratkuten and Beko are expiring; Laporta talked about how his board had identified at least three potential companies for each of the 35 unsold sponsorship/product categories but we haven't seen any new deals materializing; and people in key commercial positions kept leaving, the latest one being Jordi Camps due to differences over the roadmap of the Asian office...

Show us the money Laporta.

Prodi

Batomeu's inflated contracts
Inflation in wages from 2021 between 40 and 50% compared to previous seasons
These are contracts of players signed, like Coutinho, or renewed, like Umtiti

Bar?a's punished economy has yet to face an added problem this 2021-22 season. This is a problem arising from a practice of the previous board. The last contracts with football players signed by Josep Maria Bartomeu had a growing structure , which means that the cost of paying the players' fee was expected to increase considerably with the passing of the seasons, with a growth almost exponential , especially from the 2021-22 season, the first that was already outside the mandate of the previous board.

Inflation in contracts from the 2021-22 season

The vast majority of footballers who signed with Bar?a the last years of Bartomeu in the presidency, both the new signings and the players who renewed, agreed to an increasing payment of the total money they had to receive while their relationship with the azulgrana club. Instead of distributing and distributing the expenditure equitably over five years, a token was stipulated for the first years of the contract considerably lower than in the latter. This distribution proposal arose from those responsible for the previous board, which thus managed to convince the players and give more room for management until June 2021. The cards of these contracts increased considerably from this season and the problem of management was already in the hands of the new managers of the club once Bartomeu's term ended.

Coutinho, pioneer

The first contract with this growing structure is Coutinho , signed in January 2018. The Brazilian signed for five seasons, until 2023, and his record has skyrocketed in the last two years, starting in July 2021. The same model followed the renewal of Samuel Umtiti , shortly before the World Cup in Russia, also in 2018. Five seasons, three years with a very important contract and the last two with a record that increased significantly. Coutinho and Umtiti were followed by De Jong and the older Bar?a players who signed the renewal at the time of Bartomeu: Piqu?, Alba, Sergi Roberto and Busquets .

The Griezmann case

In the case of Griezmann, signed in the summer of 2019, the difference between what the Frenchman signed the first two seasons and what he had to charge for the last three years of his contract is very obvious. According to the newspaper Sport, which revealed many details of his contract, Griezmann was earning almost 7 million euros per season in loyalty between 2021 and 2024 . The concept is "Loyalty Bonus".

Increase of almost 50% from 2021

According to the reality of these contracts, from the 2021-22 season the footballers who signed with Bartomeu's growing structure increased their income by between 40 and 50%.with respect to what they had charged in previous years. Between the card for the 2020-21 season and the card for the 2021-22 season there is a difference of millions of euros from the application of some variables that are either very easy to achieve or almost impossible. consider fictitious. Concepts such as the loyalty bonus (Loyalty Bonus) or much larger amounts to play a fairly low percentage of match helped build this structure that sent much of the spending beyond June 2021. According to sources who participated in some d In these negotiations, it was the club that proposed distributing the cards in this way, inflating the contracts from 2021. The players used to ask for an overall figure for five seasons and if the managers of Bartomeu's Bar?a got there.

https://www.ccma.cat/catradio/tot-c...-castiga-leconomia-del-barca/noticia/3118672/

Coutinho
Griezmann
De Jong
Ter Stegen
Lenglet
Pjanic
Umtiti
Pique
Busquets
Alba
Roberto

Last edited:

serghei

Basically, we'll struggle to sign any stars until these contracts signed by the terrorist in the name of the club expire. Which is 2023.

jamrock

A lot of NBA & NFL contracts are back loaded like that, but in the NfL the team never keeps the player to the end of the contract to actually have to pay it out.

FinBarcelonafan

A lot of NBA & NFL contracts are back loaded like that, but in the NfL the team never keeps the player to the end of the contract to actually have to pay it out.

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

NFL contracts are not guaranteed right? (Which is insane to me.. taking in account the amount of injuries.)

jamrock

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

NFL contracts are not guaranteed right? (Which is insane to me.. taking in account the amount of injuries.)

Insane to me as well, Patrick Mchomes, contract is highly backloaded is one famous example.

Most NBA contracts especially for the better players are also backloaded.

It's a stupid thing to do in football though, as getting rid of players in European football isn't as easy as in American sports.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So the club is challenging the CVC deal along with Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao even though the three clubs chose not to participate.

A total selfish, dick and self-imploding move if this ends up derailing and tanking the deal for everybody else. Making La Liga clubs stronger is in our interest.

It seems to be whatever Florentino Perez wants, we follow these days. :shakeshead:

Home of Barca Fans