FC Barcelona Finances

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
The US also funds and supports many rebel groups in Syria that fight Assad and some money/weapons could have gotten into the hands of IS. That doesn't mean the US is supporting IS though.

Not COULD HAVE, HAVE. And America knows it, and yet they continue to give these so called "rebels" money and weapons.

JamDav1982

Not COULD HAVE, HAVE. And America knows it, and yet they continue to give these so called "rebels" money and weapons.

Yet it in no way means that US are supporting ISIS.

This happens in virtually every war and everyone supplying funds and weapons knows it will happen to some extent.

LaPulga

So, to get somewhat back on topic... Last days there are numerous reports (granted they are mostly Madrid based, and football-leaks based i guess) that Messi will get a wage upgrade from around 20+ to low 40M euro... Are there any reports debunking this statement, or where does this come from?

We are currently very close to the 70% wage rule which is forced by FIFA.

(Sorry if it has been discussed, but last 3 pages are political/war discussions :( )

impeh

Hi, its me..
Messi and Neymar pay rises to leave Barça in a tight spot
The two superstars have automatic salary increases written into their contracts but Barça are already on the cusp of the Liga salary cap.

As things stand, Barça are on the cusp of the salary cap imposed by LaLiga of 421 million euros. Barcelona's wage bill for players and staff currently stands at 419 million, which represents 73 percent of the club's annual budget.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We were spending for wages over our heads during Laporta too but that's no excuse.
I don't see how the club will cope with this. Maybe asking all players to agree to a small pay cut?

vlad

We were spending for wages over our heads during Laporta too but that's no excuse.
I don't see how the club will cope with this. Maybe asking all players to agree to a small pay cut?

i do not expect that barca can keep front three for a couple of seasons, just think about it, you have 3 best players in the world in your squad + midfield with busi, iniesta, arda, rakitic, and defence players, alba, pique, alves also has big salary, but just consider amount of money which goes to MSN salary´s, that is insane, and im expecting maybe after this season or 2, barca will sell neymar. I dont know what barca staff can do in finance terms to keep it up like this and dont get into money troubles, dept and things. They won all trophies last seasons and they have trouble with money, what would happened if season would be trophyless?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

This would never happen. If they can't renew with Qatar or find a different sponsor, one of msn will be likely sold. Or no reinforcements will come in the summer.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
If we were in this deep, we would've sold Adriano to Roma already. Sandro to Spurs etc. Just stupid speculation. The board is not the brightes, I agree, but they aren't this stupid.

Zebulun

If we were in this deep, we would've sold Adriano to Roma already. Sandro to Spurs etc. Just stupid speculation. The board is not the brightes, I agree, but they aren't this stupid.

for all we know, the board could be leaking these partially true/partially false facts to force Messi, Neymar, suarez to accept less money during the renewal process.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Yes I agree. We would be selling a lot of players before we sell MSN.

F

Flavia

Yes I agree. We would be selling a lot of players before we sell MSN.
And be left without a squad? Adriano and Sandro together don't make what Suarez does, nor their sales would generate a lot of money. They'd need to sell players like Alves, masche too, if the intention were to lower the wage bill. I can see them offloading Suarez, if one of msn has to go. Md's editor, Santi Nolla, publish a piece today, explaining why the Qatar sponsorship may end. As they are this board puppets, it doesn't sound too good right now.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
for all we know, the board could be leaking these partially true/partially false facts to force Messi, Neymar, suarez to accept less money during the renewal process.

Exactly.
And it would calm down all the other players who might want a raise. Those reports will give the club a better hand in contract talks.

The down side is that it could attract other clubs to bid for our players. But I guess the board feels that the players are loyal.

This is also speculation but It feels a lot more logical.

The other downside it gives is that the new sponsors can use it to lowball us.

Home of Barca Fans