FC Barcelona Finances

Mateka

Sting in the tail.

They know that if they don’t sell an important player of the current squad that they have players with contracts in force that they cannot include. Tebas. Football Espana.

Prodi

On Barca Corporate I am with Laporta, I'd rather we don't sell the 49% stake unless it is the last resort and absolutely necessary. Stadium naming rights won't get us much, perhaps 20m-25m tops a season, we have been looking for one for a long time.

Me too, but I think he will be forced to change his mind. Barcelona needs extraordinary income and we are not going to get it from player sells. The only solution is the sale of assets to continue living.

And in the assembly of delegates of September / October to vote in favor of opening the restrictions to become a member online. But they are minimal income 212/240€ year each soci. Right now we are 140.000.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Years of bad management/dereliction and COVID, this was a perfect storm. I hope we live through this and learn our lesson well. Never again should we go through something like this again to put the fate and future of the club in jeopardy like this.

Fuck, I am buying more Barca merchandise to help out. That's the only thing I can do now.

Devils

Anyone else thinking of how they can financially gain from FC Barcelona going into bankruptcy?

For example, say if I were to short Nike's stock, do you guys think that it would have a significant amount of effect on Nike's share price that I could actually make a decent gain on my short?

Thanks!

Devils

"Bar?a must reduce the payroll to between 100 and 170 million"

"You can skip it, but at the expense of not registering players who are not registered"
[MENTION=8305]Marc[/MENTION]menchen

It's over.

How is this even possible without getting rid of Messi/Griezmann/Dembele/Alba/Busi/Coutinho etc...?

I've never seen anything like it.

Leong157

Yes, we are truly fxxked financially.

I have also never seen anything like this before.

And most of our players seem to not accept pay cut or contract termination as well.

PS.
This thread is a lot more logical than Messi thread. I'm going to lurk here from now on.

MTL_Barca

The madman actually did it, he singlehandedly brought down the FC Barcelona. Incredible.

:bartomeu:

Sure it was unfortunate that Covid hit, but that's what you get for wasting every single cent you have (or don't have yet) on overpriced transfers and ridiculous contracts.

Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele aka the holy trinity of wasted money.

behindbrowneyes

It's not that people in here didn't say all these years that what Bartomeu did back then was crazy.

I get that there need be rules and regulations, but what La Liga is asking from Barca is beyond all bounds. How can you reduce the salary cap within 1,5 years by such a big margin? Knowing that players usually sign 4 or 5y contracts. If Laporta doesn't find a way around it, this will change everything and it will take us a long time to recover from this. I get that the club needs to tighten the belts now, but what La Liga is asking for is literally saving the club to death.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I guess all the doomsday scenarios we've been hearing about a while is turning out to be true. No Messi and club might have to seriously consider selling one of the players they wouldn't sell at any cost.

That's unless La Liga and Javier Tebas reconsider their position.

Prodi

Like Pique and Busquets. Renewals, more years and wages redistributed. Its the only way we can reduce the wage bill THIS YEAR.

Barca told Sergi Roberto that if a good offer came in, Barca would value it, because it would help lower too much salary. Faced with his desire to continue, Barca propose a renewal for 2 years, so the salary is redistributed as per
@laiatudel @OnzeTv3 @tv3cat

https://twitter.com/sujoy_pritam/status/1412162994939711493

Example if he earns 9M/ year.

season 1: 3M
season 2: 3M + addons
season 3: 3M + addons

Last edited:

raskolnikov

La liga needs to be lenient. If they wish to compete with other big leagues they cant have Barca go bankrupt. Its in their best interest to help us out a little with this wagebill mess.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
La liga needs to be lenient. If they wish to compete with other big leagues they cant have Barca go bankrupt. Its in their best interest to help us out a little with this wagebill mess.

This is not even about us going bankrupt, it is about how much we can spend our money, even if we had it. Having a reasonable wage bill limit is good for everyone, the problem is La Liga's demand is not reasonable at all at this point, borderline lunatic.

We are not going bankrupt by any means, it is just La Liga is making our lives very hard right now to even start the next season normally.

Home of Barca Fans