Kingsley Coman

Darko

Great talent, but I guess every player who wants playing time and leaves a club is labeled as a traitor on Barcaforum...

DrPepper

Maybe traitor isn't the right word. He's obviously no Götze or Thiago in that respect. But he doesn't come across as someone who sticks around. Zlatan must have taught him well. :coffee:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Coman: I am not sad for Juventus

Coman: 'Not sad for Juventus'

By Football Italia staff

Kingsley Coman was “not disappointed” for parent club Juventus after Bayern Munich knocked them out of the Champions League.

The Bianconeri were 2-0 up at the Allianz Arena, but Coman came off the bench and changed the game, eventually scoring the final goal for 4-2 in extra time.

“It was a great team performance,” Coman told Mediaset Premium.

He is on a two-year loan at Bayern with option to buy for €28m.

“I play in a league with a low average age and I am very happy here. We played a great game against a great Juve. Of course they were upset, but this is football.

I certainly can’t be disappointed on their behalf, I am part of Bayern now.”

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Isn't he loaned?

Exactly, so officially he is still a Juventus player.

However, it was such a bad deal for Juve, it comes with a mandatory buy-out clause which I think it is only 21m or something. As long as Bayern triggers it, Juve can't refuse it. :facepalm:

Bayern knows how to do business.

B

beautifulgame

People are acting like juventus gave him on the free. They got him for FREE and sold him for 28 million euro effectively.

He is very good of course but he was highly rated for a while. Perhaps Juve have other plans. They are very shrewd in the market. Maybe they wanted money for a forward etc

Darko

Maybe traitor isn't the right word. He's obviously no Götze or Thiago in that respect. But he doesn't come across as someone who sticks around. Zlatan must have taught him well. :coffee:

He was never going to play for PSG or get any kind of minutes and Juve doesn't even play with wingers so they best move for both parties was for him to go.
Juve made 28M for nothing basically and he got to work with Pep and is now getting a lot of playing time. The definition of a win-win.

Yannik

People are acting like juventus gave him on the free. They got him for FREE and sold him for 28 million euro effectively.

I'd still say it was a mistake by Juventus. What you wrote only justifies buying him, not selling him again.
Sure they paid nothing and got 28m out of it. But they could just aswell have waited a couple of years and his worth might have been multiplied.
Imagine Barca selling a 17yr old Messi for 40m, you could just aswell say "what a great deal, we got so much money from someone we paid nothing for."

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans