Marco Asensio

El Gato

Villarato!
That's surprising?
If there's one thing he could always do rather well is shoot and score.

The rest is his head, his mouth, his attitude and most of all, his position relative to teammates. Near always since he joined he was deployed as a winger with some serious presence in front of the box. Eventually folk figured him out and he had to try and adapt while coaches were on rotation. Then got injured. And team turned rather slow and predictable offensively with no one to really threaten the goal bar Benzema, Vini, rarely Bale. And him. Some folk even forgot how good it was to have him back from ACL after return from lockdown in 2020.

He could be a good rotation RCM.
Fede has now shown he can do well either side of the midfield and Eduardo doesnt mind being the one who sits back and dictates along with Fede without vertical movement.
Let Asensio loose with mobile wingers (not current version of Hazard or Vazquez) and let him play passes off Benzema and he'll be useful. He's got the athleticism and skill to play that right-sided #8 role.

Issue isn't him.
It's how you distribute time between him CKM (Modrić would have to take a hit) and Fede-Camavinga without losing an obvious default option that you know you'll want to select when a big game comes.
Using him at RW is missing the point, just throw Rodrygo or Hazard up there

And finally - I'd take him Fede or Eduardo in that RCM role over Pogba anyday. So if this works long term, I'm very down for extending him.

Last edited:

Morten

He hasn't been scoring much the last few seasons, so yes, it is a surprise.
Some of it is down to the injuries, of course.

El Gato

Villarato!
All people remember too

Could be a Heskey in any of those games and people would forgive him if he scored a worldie each time

slicknick

Seems destined to be the big loser from the impending Mbappe signing?I really don't see him stay, despite having 1 more year on his contract, unlike Bale or Isco

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Think Xavi and the guys will be all over him if he has a good World Cup. Did well at F9 yesterday.

But then again I can see plenty of PL clubs wanting him as well if that's the case.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Think Xavi and the guys will be all over him if he has a good World Cup. Did well at F9 yesterday.

But then again I can see plenty of PL clubs wanting him as well if that's the case.

he was a gold talent in 2017 when he had these terrific shots but his hype disappeared after lots of average performances, i dont think any top club would buy him

Home of Barca Fans