Bernardo Silva

Bobo32

So now Busi is the reason why Xavi and Iniesta were legendary. But the funny thing is, the clubs best season was with Yaya as a DM behind them. Real wouldn't have won even half the CLs they have won if they had Busi instead of Casemiro.

I still stand that the clubs biggest mistake in the 21st century was getting rid of Yaya and Eto'o. We would have had at least 2 more CLs if those two stayed.

Many people (if you can call them people) liking this post.

So the best season is the one where Barcelona took 87p, not the one after where they took 99p without Yaya or Eto'o, or 91p, 96p and 100p in the seasons after...
The 2009 final where Barcelona struggled was more impressive than the 2011 one where everyone knew in advance that they'd cruise...

Catta

So the best season is the one where Barcelona took 87p, not the one after where they took 99p without Yaya or Eto'o, or 91p, 96p and 100p in the seasons after...
The 2009 final where Barcelona struggled was more impressive than the 2011 one where everyone knew in advance that they'd cruise...

No need to insult users who don't agree with you.

For me the '09 team is better and much more balanced than the '11 one. Messi improved, but the other attackers were a big downgrade. You forgot how frustrating Villa and Pedro could be in front of the goal. Henry and Eto'o were much more clinical. Messi is the biggest difference, him going on a goat level saved the attack that season.

Zebulun

For me the '09 team is better and much more balanced than the '11 one. Messi improved, but the other attackers were a big downgrade. You forgot how frustrating Villa and Pedro could be in front of the goal. Henry and Eto'o were much more clinical. Messi is the biggest difference, him going on a goat level saved the attack that season.

fully agreed, that 09 team was impossible to beat, thats why its the only sextuple team. MSN was more aesthetically pleasing to watch though.

Birdy

the next year when we got 99 pts Yaya was still around

Birdy

LOL @ Casemiro being better than Busquets. He's a fucking butcher who would have a record number of red cards if he played for any other team.

Casemiro is an imbecile who is protected because he plays for VARdrid.
The whole discussion of CMK mid, as if Casemiro is anywhere near the quality of the others is ridiculous...

Morten

So now Busi is the reason why Xavi and Iniesta were legendary. But the funny thing is, the clubs best season was with Yaya as a DM behind them. Real wouldn't have won even half the CLs they have won if they had Busi instead of Casemiro.

I still stand that the clubs biggest mistake in the 21st century was getting rid of Yaya and Eto'o. We would have had at least 2 more CLs if those two stayed.

How much longer would Yaya have been content as a DM though? He is an attacking midfielder at heart.

malvolio

How much longer would Yaya have been content as a DM though? He is an attacking midfielder at heart.

This plus ignoring the fact that the whole team was better in 2011 is just proof that people deliberately go overboard in order to win an argument.

There is no Yaya vs Busi debate as the two are nothing alike and played different roles in their careers.

FinBarcelonafan

Casemiro is an imbecile who is protected because he plays for VARdrid.
The whole discussion of CMK mid, as if Casemiro is anywhere near the quality of the others is ridiculous...

True, says enough when Frenkie who is soft as the butter has more red cards in LaLiga than Casemiro. (I think through their careers, which is an even bigger joke! :D)

What a joke.

Bobo32

Check your own posts, and find that they are mostly petty one-liners consisting either of insults at other users here, or sarcasms directed at FC Barcelona players (often legends). Seriously, you need to step up here if anyone with half a brain should respect your posts. My post was a simple tongue in cheek one with very clear arguments.

I did not forget anything, I think the 2011 team was CLEARLY better than the 2009 team, it was the completion of Peps vision, resulting in a complete and predictable crushing of the next best team - contrary to 2009 where everything was new and Barcelona were kind of lucky to win. Messi was no better at 24 than he was at 22, it was just the structure around him that had changed, the rest of the team was set up better. Pedro and Villa was much superior to Henry and Eto'o in this structure, Eto'o helped in winning 2009 because he found a goal from nowhere after a tough start, but Pedro and Villa helped the team dominate the entire game and the entire season - they did not ever frustrate me at all.

Birdy: yes Yaya stayed for another season, playing 10 games less than Busquets there. He was a very good player, but Barcelonas domination of the world of football coincided with Busquets replacing him.

Home of Barca Fans