Bernardo Silva

Zidane82

🚨🚨🎙️| Bernardo Silva: ?Manchester City always say if a player is not happy, he can leave. They know what I want & we will see what happens.?

Zidane82

Sounds like a fake qoute.

I was wondering that myself until I saw Pep live on Sky today ..

He was praising Bernardo and said he wanted him to stay and Bernardo knows that he wants him to stay but then said that they did not know how things were going to end up with him

jamrock

Funny how our current leadership team could easily identify Silva as a player we would need, but Bartomeship & his games thought gomes the shitty Portuguese was the player we needed when they were both available in the same window.

Messigician

Funny how our current leadership team could easily identify Silva as a player we would need, but Bartomeship & his games thought gomes the shitty Portuguese was the player we needed when they were both available in the same window.

Wrong

Bernardo had his breakthrough season after Gomes was signed

Messigician

Wrong,

Silva was playing excellent in Monaco before that season .

It's called scouting, not signing every flash in the pan that comes about.

Next

When they finished in the group stages of Europa league and knocked out round of 16 every cup without even a top 2 finish in farmers league

If club brought player like this in after our treble win there would be riots.

Next!

At least Real Madrid wanted Gomes for 55m

cracken

When they finished in the group stages of Europa league and knocked out round of 16 every cup without even a top 2 finish in farmers league

If club brought player like this in after our treble win there would be riots.

And this somehow negates his brilliant individual performances? he was outstanding that year and everybody and their mothers knew he was the next big thing. He already proved it the year before in the Champions League and in the U21 Euro where he was arguably the player of the tournament. Signing him in 2016 would have been a shrewd move.

Barcilliant

And this somehow negates his brilliant individual performances? he was outstanding that year and everybody and their mothers knew he was the next big thing. He already proved it the year before in the Champions League and in the U21 Euro where he was arguably the player of the tournament. Signing him in 2016 would have been a shrewd move.

I agree but wasn't Lucho the one who wanted Gomes and Paco?

Zidane82

Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva: "I want Bernardo at Man City, 100%. He's special. I don?t know what will happen, but he knows how much we like him and want him, how much we love him". 🔵⭐️ #MCFC

"But I don?t know what is going to happen...", Pep added.

Temptation

"How our current leadership team could easily identify......would need"

You can't really credit them for this identification because in 2022 Bernardo Silva is a pretty well known big name playing in the strongest team in the world under Pep. It's hardly a gem uncovered. He's one of the best in his position/role.

Back when Gomes was signed, Bernardo wasn't as mainstream a name, was he? I doubt current Barca board would want him in that situation.

Let's be honest, this current Barca board are no scouting experts either. You're signing the big names and the free transfers you are able to sign.

Lewandowski- one of the biggest names in Football.
Raphinha- Wanted by several top clubs.
Kessie and Christensen-Solid free agents you were able to agree terms with.
Kounde- One of the best CBs in the LL last season, wanted by several top clubs.

I highly doubt this board would try to sign the Monaco version Bernardo.

jamrock

You can't really credit them for this identification because in 2022 Bernardo Silva is a pretty well known big name playing in the strongest team in the world under Pep. It's hardly a gem uncovered. He's one of the best in his position/role.

Back when Gomes was signed, Bernardo wasn't as mainstream a name, was he? I doubt current Barca board would want him in that situation.

Let's be honest, this current Barca board are no scouting experts either. You're signing the big names and the free transfers you are able to sign.

I'm pretty certain someone like Silva would be on their radar

But even if they didn't sign Silva specifically, I guarantee you, they wouldn't have signed freaking gomes.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

barto did the same thing with dembouz (biggest talent in the world 2017) and Coutinho (best pl player for many people) but they both flopped (dembouz can still become goat)

Home of Barca Fans