Bernardo Silva

Andresito

Staff member
:lol: Yeah, Arda Turan was also a workhorse in Atletico. Don't underestimate the amigo syndrome.

To be fair I think Bernardo is a lot more ambitious and humble compared to Arda. At least Bernardo doesn't throw his shoes at people or shoot guns in hospitals.

Messi983

It's different being a workhorse in Cholo's ultradefensive system or in Pep's tiki taki.

Arda was just a damaged goods runnning his ass off for years while not enjoying his football anymore. Can't really say the same about Bernardo imo.

MTL_Barca

Was just a joke of course, but i'd say it's not too unreasonable to have some doubts about players that went on for years with a high workrate under a very demanding coach like Pep.

Anyway i don't think that would be a big concern regarding Bernardo Silva either way, but generally idk about spending like 80-90M or something there. If we could get him for 50M or whatever was rumored last summer while selling Frenkie (i just assume that's gonna happen in that case) for 80+ then different story.

Blanco

I dont care if Barca get 34 years old Lewa or Kounde, who in my opinion is overrated, but Bernardo scares me. For me he is the best player in City, better than KDB. His performances against us in both semis were unbelievable, but i am not creating my opinion only brcause of these 2 matches, he was beast in PL too. In perfect football age. Could be used as CM/AM/RW and everywhere he would be dangerous. Thats the transfer which could bring you back in trophies battle. Bernardo for Gavi/FDJ in starting eleven is massive upgrade.

fergus90

Bernardo is simply world-class, can find space in a phonebox with his dribbling ability but also works tirelessly around the pitch. Got golazos in his locker too.

Zidane82

Bernardo is simply world-class, can find space in a phonebox with his dribbling ability but also works tirelessly around the pitch. Got golazos in his locker too.

Yes .. Bernardo is a fabulous player .. I would love it if we got him and Lewandowski. Add those two to Pedri and Gavi and we have four uber talents to enjoy .

Givenchy

I dont care if Barca get 34 years old Lewa or Kounde, who in my opinion is overrated, but Bernardo scares me. For me he is the best player in City, better than KDB. His performances against us in both semis were unbelievable, but i am not creating my opinion only brcause of these 2 matches, he was beast in PL too. In perfect football age. Could be used as CM/AM/RW and everywhere he would be dangerous. Thats the transfer which could bring you back in trophies battle. Bernardo for Gavi/FDJ in starting eleven is massive upgrade.

Not better than KdB imo but agree with the rest of this. I just hope if we do get him Xavi plays to his strengths.

Andresito

Staff member
What do we actually want from our second CM next to Pedri? Is it more goal involvements? More decisiveness in final third? Bernardo, as good as he might be, isn't a player who racks up 10G + 10A. And I think people will be disappointed if they expect him to do that.

Zidane82

Last season
49 appearances
11 goals
7 assists
Passing accuracy 89.1%
4 MoM awards

Stats slightly vary over different sites .. for instance one had him scoring 10 goals

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Now that I look, I see that he reached more than 10G + 10A in one of his seasons at City (13G+14A), otherwise he's pretty close to it almost every season, between 18-20 G+A in total over 50 games. I thought he'd be a bit lower.

But question remains whether he's benefitting from City's play or if he can go to any team and elevate them. That's the type of player we need after Frenkie having failed to do so. Especially when paying 80m. No more passengers/system players who heavily rely on how it looks around them.

Blanco

Not better than KdB imo but agree with the rest of this. I just hope if we do get him Xavi plays to his strengths.

It?s literally easier to play Bernardo to his strengths than the opposite since he is one of the most versatile midfielders in the world. I cant imagine Xavi failing to use Bernardo properly even if he want to 😀 Maybe if he use him as false 9, but i will not ve surprised if Bernardo plays there good too.

Home of Barca Fans