Bernardo Silva

Messi983

I'm sure City would let him go for 70-80m but don't think we should even pay that much. We have bigger priorities. Even if FDJ is sold we can go through next season with Pedri, Gavi, Kessie, Roberto and maybe Torre as CMs.

Raketa10

I'm sure City would let him go for 70-80m but don't think we should even pay that much. We have bigger priorities. Even if FDJ is sold we can go through next season with Pedri, Gavi, Kessie, Roberto and maybe Torre as CMs.

One thing is "go through" and another thing is to be competitive. We should all remember that Pedri ang Gavi, regardless of how good they are, only have 17 and 19 years. If FDJ leaves we'll need to sign another defensive midfielder.

Messi983

One thing is "go through" and another thing is to be competitive. We should all remember that Pedri ang Gavi, regardless of how good they are, only have 17 and 19 years. If FDJ leaves we'll need to sign another defensive midfielder.

Yeah, I was only talking about CMs. Xavi clearly doesn't see FDJ as a DM and obviously Bernardo is not one eitiher.

Everyone except Xavi (and a few fan boys who still have blind faith in Busi) know we needed a new DM like 4 years ago but at the same time we also know the ancient one will play 99% of minutes so would be a waste to buy a younger DM and then barely play him for a year. Better invest that money into defense and then buy a DM next year if Busi will really leave (fingers crossed but I'll believe it when I'll see it).

Kessie or Roberto can play DM in that game or two when Busi will be suspended, he'll play full 90 minutes in all other games and he also never gets injured.

Birdy

A starting pair of Pedri-Bernardo as interiors is top notch,
and GAvi-Torre as their subs is also top

Problem is Kessie will never play, and it's still bewildering that Xavi asked for him since he is not a number 6 either.
When and Where is he ever gonna play?

mc_lovin

Don't think Pedri-Bernardo looks too good on paper. Nothing to do with quality either, it's like pairing two Iniestas for me.

Porque

A starting pair of Pedri-Bernardo as interiors is top notch,
and GAvi-Torre as their subs is also top

Problem is Kessie will never play, and it's still bewildering that Xavi asked for him since he is not a number 6 either.
When and Where is he ever gonna play?

Not in your opinion. But surely if Xavi is requesting Kessie then he will play. Moreso than Torre unless he hits it off at left wing.

gregorrin10

Not in your opinion. But surely if Xavi is requesting Kessie then he will play. Moreso than Torre unless he hits it off at left wing.

I think Kessie will be the natural replacement/rotation for Busquets, at least next season. Plus he will still get some games at CM too, as Torre will probably alternate between the first and B team, plus he can play on the wing too.

In 2023 then Busquets most likely leaving to MLS, and we'll probably buy Zubimendi or some other pure DM.

gregorrin10

Xavi apparently thinks they will be the new Xaviesta ..

Bernardo, even though considered to be more of a Iniesta for most of his career, certainly has the creativity, passing and work rate to become the 'new Xavi'. He was just immense in the deeper role for City last season, even though in a pair with 'a Iniesta' (KDB). People forget how good Xavi was offensively, let it be with assists or even goals, so being more of an attacking presence doesn't disqualify you from that role. While Pedri is the obvious natural heir of Iniesta.

Two attacking CMs in our formation isn't a bad thing, if the players playing it have the work rate to do the defensive work as well, and both Pedri and even more so Bernardo certainly have it. Plus there's Gavi there as the perfect backup, when we need some toughness and a more aggressive approach. And also Kessie, when we need to go more defensive. Pretty much the perfect group of players where you have a little bit of everything, depending on the situation.

Catta

Pedri's nothing like Iniesta, more mental asylum talk.

Current Pedri is closer to prime Iniesta level, than Puig is to current Pedri level.

Its a bitter pill to swallow for the Puig boys, Pedri has become everything and more that you thought Piques boytoy would be.

Iniesta Ultra

Current Pedri is closer to prime Iniesta level, than Puig is to current Pedri level.

Its a bitter pill to swallow for the Puig boys, Pedri has become everything and more that you thought Piques boytoy would be.

I might be motivated to do some performance analyses on Pedri.

Total-Football

Bernardo silva scored 13.8 km in one CL game I remember. (no extra time). Dude is workhorse. No one works harder in the top teams including bayern and their intensified beef products.

Home of Barca Fans