Sergio Busquets

pregra

His defending as a defensive midfielder is non existent. That random Levante B midfielder that came on after an hour looked miles better, purely on the basis that he could actually move his legs. But we all know that, has been said for years.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is playing like a late career Pirlo now. A very good deep lying playmaker who cannot defend at all. Can't play 3 CBs to protect him all the time. Should be an option againts minnows at home only. Ideally, sold to Vissel Kobe.

Birdy

He is still WC in progressing play, but the fact that he can't run makes him a liability most of the time in the defensive transition.

Should be an option from the bench next season for sure.

raedkuwait

This guy really needs to go if barca want to accomplish any thing next season, him, stegen, bob, alba, pique need to go this year and of course umttiti.

Rassvet

This guy really needs to go if barca want to accomplish any thing next season, him, stegen, bob, alba, pique need to go this year and of course umttiti.

Disagree, Busi is still useful in a lot of league games and CL shouldn't be our focus for a while. Pique, Bob, and Sam need to go though.

FinBarcelonafan

He was our best Midguy this season overall.

We will be left with full defensive midfielders ala FDJ + Pedri if we can't bring someone to replace Busi

It's true but I think we would perform better defensively Vs big teams without Busi. He is too slow and lost in every way in high intensity games.

Vs parked busses we would struggle more. Busis good playmaking helps Vs parked busses. Suarez effect.

Porque

If Ilaix played like a true box-to-box and did not go missing in possession. Think Seedorf or even Davids, then FdJ and Ilaix could protect Busquets and allow him to be our creator of the deep (damn I want some Busquets "Creator of the Deep" t-shirts now). But alas, we have Pedri who kind of does it, kind of doesn't as he is a work in progress himself.

Maybe next year will be better.

Nazario1985

It's true but I think we would perform better defensively Vs big teams without Busi. He is too slow and lost in every way in high intensity games.

Vs parked busses we would struggle more. Busis good playmaking helps Vs parked busses. Suarez effect.

You play on players strength and protect their weakness with a team effort.

If Busi is out we have no one in the team to replace him.

I'm sorry but FDJ is great in his way not going to replace Busi nor Iniesta kind of role as he is way too defensive and 24 yo he is not going to change or he risk to ridicule himself.

Against high pressure teams yes you need better defensive effort but you never turn your team into a defensive one ... this is how we used to beat the shit out of opponent when WE were the high pressure team.

Of course not talking about Mourinho Bus that's another level of effective ugliness.

Home of Barca Fans