Sergio Busquets

MTL_Barca

Guys like Busquets should be the backbone of the team and help the "overhyped youngsters" instead of delivering nothing but shit performances in important games themselves.

Captains among the worst players, it's amazing.

JohnN

There was not a player on pitch more inept than Busquets tonight.

His usual CL standard of late or against Real.

Unfortunately there was one.
Luuk de Jong. He made Busi look fast. Didn't even manage to shield the ball once. This takes nothing away from the fact that Busi was god awful of course. Just someone who managed to outdo him.

jamrock

He is the easiest one to pick on, but our single biggiest weakness is a team, is the total lack of dynamism is our midfield, they don't create, they can't cover the defense, they don't control the game, they are just there to make up the numbers,I include everyone in that de jong, Pedri & busquets, & it's been this way for years now.

Yes we need to move past him, but generally our midfield is still lacking something even if we bring in younger DM.

JamDav1982

The single biggest weakness in team is lack of pace in front line.

Far and away.

It magnifies every single issue in the team behind that.

JamDav1982

That too no doubt, especially yesterday when we had to play freaking luuk de jong.

That is worst part of LDJ signing... he is absolutely rotten as a player but adds nothing to what team is missing.

Said it before game yesterday but they tried to use him as a player that Barca could beat the press with a long ball to and was doomed from beginning as he couldnt hold it up and Bayern could be aggressive with him every time knowing if they went for ball and missed it he was not threat in behind anyway.

Genuinely would rather have Araujo CF than LDJ. At least he can run and is an athlete.

Not that it would ever happen but more a point about what LDJ completely lacks as a player.

Messi983

I mean, if you sign him and then don't play him when he's one of the only two healthy forwards then why even sign him?

It was obvious Luuk would start yesterday and also that he won't do anything. But as said in his thread it's not his fault he's here so I won't even be too harsh on him and will take anything positive he'll give us.

khaled_a_d

He is the easiest one to pick on, but our single biggiest weakness is a team, is the total lack of dynamism is our midfield, they don't create, they can't cover the defense, they don't control the game, they are just there to make up the numbers,I include everyone in that de jong, Pedri & busquets, & it's been this way for years now.

Yes we need to move past him, but generally our midfield is still lacking something even if we bring in younger DM.

Midfield is a battle of number above anything else.
You can have the best 3 midfielders, maybe in history and still lose that midfield battle easily if they get out numbered.
Teams atm tries to play as compact as it get, make space between the lines as slim as possible.
Your goal should be playing on a highline, and force opponent to sit back a little back, or punish them if they refuse to do so.
Having a quick defense helps you to play a highline defense, Araujo is good at that and we should be building around him (and we have quick fullbacks too btw)
But attacking wise? Imagine if we had Fati for that chance that was wrongly called offside? either a 1 vs 1 on Neuer or easy red on Sule, both situations could have just changed the course of the game.
Bayern didn't care about the speed of our offense, for example we exposed their flanks a lot but S.Roberto was too slow to bother Davis (although he could have scored one)
Bayern was simply more able to press us with more players due to lack of speed in attack.
Depay and Fati has decent speed, same with Braithwaite, Dembele is the only quick attacker we have.
Whoever we sign in summer/winter to reinforce attack, should have that speed

Messi983

Don't know if true but I've seen in FM2021 Busi has a clause his contract will automatically renew for another season if he plays more than 25 games in the 2022/23 season. We really absolutely need to phase him out of the club ASAP.

LFCB

Don't know if true but I've seen in FM2021 Busi has a clause his contract will automatically renew for another season if he plays more than 25 games in the 2022/23 season. We really absolutely need to phase him out of the club ASAP.

Didn't he sign a 5-year contract in 2018? I think few people would have guessed we would be desperate to get rid of him back then :(

Redbuck

Wtf ??? Not this stupid clause in the contract shit again, bad news if this is true.

Kul_z

The single biggest weakness in team is lack of pace in front line.

Far and away.

It magnifies every single issue in the team behind that.

Thank you. Finally someone with common sense.
Question for everyone:
Put kimmich and goretzka in this barca side, and put frenkie and busi/pedri in the other way, what would be an outcome?

Home of Barca Fans