Sergio Busquets

Messi983

With all these losses there should come a moment that we look to change the dynamics. I agree. But then you read opinion pieces like this in Sport today and realise it isn't going to come soon.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/opinion/busquets-siempre-en-el-campo-13128013

Last week, after the semifinal of the Super Cup that Bar?a played against Real Madrid, many of us were flooded with messages via Twitter asking for the substitution of Sergio Busquets . The hashtag was BusquetsEnElBanquillo. Hours later, thanks to the always well-informed journalist Acharf ben Ayad, it became known that it was a campaign started from the Arab world, to which a good number of influencers joined.

They were angry about the mistake that Bad?a had made in Real Madrid's first goal, when Benzema let his wallet be stolen . The worst thing is that this campaign was joined from here by the usual detractors of who has been one of the best midfielders in the history of Bar?a, those who fail to understand why Bad?a's player has been indisputable both at Bar?a and in the Spanish team since Pep Guardiola made him debut in the first team on September 13, 2008. Those who had to support the Madrid press when he discussed the ownership of the Blaugrana in the Spanish team in 2010, just before being the brain of the team that won the World Cup .

Busquets has been the helm of the best Bar?a in history and even so, his excellence was never recognized in individual awards. As unfair as when the current captain has systematically become the center of criticism when things have gone wrong. Not taking into account that Busquets has always been penalized for the team's bad moments, especially when the team has gone long.

OF THE FOREST AND CRUYFF
Busquets doesn't usually respond to criticism and he won't now either. He has always decided to speak on the pitch. He has never responded, but the technicians who have been lucky enough to train him have. Like Vicente del Bosque, who did not hesitate to admit that if he were to be a footballer again, he would like to be like Busquets. “He does everything, he is always willing to help the team, he is generous, he empties himself defensively, and he is one of the first to start playing football. And when he is well, football becomes more fluid, "said the former coach .

Those who have trained him and also those who have not, like Johan Cruyff. “ When the ball lands somewhere, he's always close because of his good sense of position play . And when things seem to get tough for the backs, he opts to go press instead of what 90% of midfielders would do, which is go back and defend. He does what the others don't. He is calm, his technique is effective, the speed of his passes is adequate and he is always in the right place”, the Dutch genius told Ramon Besa in an interview in El Pa?s. God's word.

Disgusting article.

SG-7

With all these losses there should come a moment that we look to change the dynamics. I agree. But then you read opinion pieces like this in Sport today and realise it isn't going to come soon.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/opinion/busquets-siempre-en-el-campo-13128013

Last week, after the semifinal of the Super Cup that Bar?a played against Real Madrid, many of us were flooded with messages via Twitter asking for the substitution of Sergio Busquets . The hashtag was BusquetsEnElBanquillo. Hours later, thanks to the always well-informed journalist Acharf ben Ayad, it became known that it was a campaign started from the Arab world, to which a good number of influencers joined.

They were angry about the mistake that Bad?a had made in Real Madrid's first goal, when Benzema let his wallet be stolen . The worst thing is that this campaign was joined from here by the usual detractors of who has been one of the best midfielders in the history of Bar?a, those who fail to understand why Bad?a's player has been indisputable both at Bar?a and in the Spanish team since Pep Guardiola made him debut in the first team on September 13, 2008. Those who had to support the Madrid press when he discussed the ownership of the Blaugrana in the Spanish team in 2010, just before being the brain of the team that won the World Cup .

Busquets has been the helm of the best Bar?a in history and even so, his excellence was never recognized in individual awards. As unfair as when the current captain has systematically become the center of criticism when things have gone wrong. Not taking into account that Busquets has always been penalized for the team's bad moments, especially when the team has gone long.

OF THE FOREST AND CRUYFF
Busquets doesn't usually respond to criticism and he won't now either. He has always decided to speak on the pitch. He has never responded, but the technicians who have been lucky enough to train him have. Like Vicente del Bosque, who did not hesitate to admit that if he were to be a footballer again, he would like to be like Busquets. “He does everything, he is always willing to help the team, he is generous, he empties himself defensively, and he is one of the first to start playing football. And when he is well, football becomes more fluid, "said the former coach.

Those who have trained him and also those who have not, like Johan Cruyff. “ When the ball lands somewhere, he's always close because of his good sense of position play . And when things seem to get tough for the backs, he opts to go press instead of what 90% of midfielders would do, which is go back and defend. He does what the others don't. He is calm, his technique is effective, the speed of his passes is adequate and he is always in the right place”, the Dutch genius told Ramon Besa in an interview in El Pa?s. God's word.

Man, how delusional are these guys? No one was ever doubting or throwing stones at what a great player he once was. Go back 4-5 years and yeah he was still world-class. But his performances back then in no way should affect the coach's decision to play him now. What kind of fucked up thinking is that. No wonder this club has gone to total shit if that's the philosophy we go by. I ain't no coach, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you have been playing utter shit for the last 2-3 years the performances of said 7 years ago isn't magically going to come back. Esp if the team is in the rebuilding phase and needs players to put in the fucking work.

Messi983

Can't believe he used Cruyff's words about Busi to prove his point. Johan is dead for almost 6 years now and hasn't seen versions of Busi that got embarrassed against almost every semi serious team in the CL (and more and more often even domestically) for years.

Those statements from Del Bosque are also old, probably from times he was still a coach for Spain NT.

malvolio

it's xavi's fault for playing him 24/7. a fit an rested busquets is "unfortunately" still our best option at DM.

but now he's too old to be playing so many games.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

it's xavi's fault for playing him 24/7. a fit an rested busquets is "unfortunately" still our best option at DM.

but now he's too old to be playing so many games.

that's a good point, look at Alves, why is he playing so many matches? At his age we should rest him a lot more, otherwise we will see a tired crap Alves soon.

JohnN

How is our favourite cone doing? Is he injured yet so we can catch a break. At least, let him catch omicron or something so he can be benched for a couple of games.

Wizzbar

New signing
Sergio...hate you, you piece of shit... imbecile, retard, scambeg, con-artist, the ultimate moron ever...Pique, Alba, fuck off finally, you are tooo slow and too old for this game anymore...go to Getafe or Levante, go anywhere together with this ugly embarrasment number 5...I live for the day when my eyes will never see you again...all of you...This is like Twilight Zone...like, only me who see things and nobody else, watching game after game the most stupid defense in La Liga and nobody doing nothing about it...for years...Twilight Zone, must be...Alternatives? Dest, Lenglet, Umtiti? OMG, I' m gonna kill myself. You know what? Change complete defense with any other team in La Liga or any team in Europe, you will gain trust me it wouldn't be any worse then now, could be only better ..fuck you all

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Sergio...hate you, you piece of shit... imbecile, retard, scambeg, con-artist, the ultimate moron ever...Pique, Alba, fuck off finally, you are tooo slow and to old for this game anymore...go to Getafe or Levante, go anywhere together with this ugly embarrasment number 5...I live for the day when my eyes will never see you again...all of you...This is like Twilight Zone...like, only me who see things and nobody else, watching game after game the most stupid defense in La Liga and nobody doing nothing about it...for years...Twilight Zone, must be...Alternatives? Dest, Lenglet, Umtiti? OMG, I' m gonna kill myself. You know what? Change complete defense with any other team in La Liga or any team in Europe, you will gain trust me it wouldn't be any worse then now, could be only better ..fuck you all

Great post and well elaborated. I fully agree.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Why do so many professional footballers and legends like Xavi rate this guy so high? They make him out to be a genius because he passes, passes, passes, pretends he's going to pass then passes to someone else. It's really sad that legends like Xavi think he does that because he is a genius. When in reality that is the only CAPABILITY he has. He is physically weak in every department, can't shoot, can't dribble, can't protect the ball etc

The sad thing is every fan with half a brain knows that the reason all he ever does is find a basic pass is because that's all he can do. He can't do any of above I mentioned yet legends like Xavi thinks he passes, passes, passes because he is a genius, his great style etc. It makes me sick to my stomach that they don't realise he chooses that style because he can't do anything else. Years ago he could pass and do everything else at a basic enough level to do well in a top team. Now all he can do is pass and everything else at a very vulnerable level. Please professional and legend footballers, realize that for the love of god or this team is never going to grow and capable of winning great titles at this current meta of football :facepalm:

jairzinho

You really have to admire how he plays game after game and never gets injured, picks up a knock or anything like that. He's like a stain on the wall that won't go away.

:koeman:

Home of Barca Fans