Sergio Busquets

Andresito

Staff member
Zubimendi is the 'easy' Spanish target. The scouting team have had at least a full year to scout the world for a good DM until Busi leaves. I hope they don't put all their eggs in the hope-for-Nico/Zubimendi basket.

Joan

Hugo Guillamon is another easy Spanish target. Could even get him for free if he doesn't renew with Valencia.

But likely neither would make a short term impact we want.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Hugo Guillamon is another easy Spanish target. Could even get him for free if he doesn't renew with Valencia.

But likely neither would a short term impact we want.

Gaya and Guillamon are good options to provide width, for free too. Problem is, we still need players whom they can be backups to.

Porque

We're not going to go for some exotic unproven option, even if they look very very good.

Our MO is right now is to be relatively young, experienced for a number of seasons (with a preference for Liga and then a top 3-5 league).

We're not like Madrid to change course and like they did with Chow-Chow bringing in him a year earlier than anticipated and then offloading Miro.

So for us Zubimendi fits the bill. Even if his pass percent is low-mid 80s compared to Busi being 90+ on a bad day with his eyes closed. But Zubi might go up in our system.

I'd say though unless we can sell him that Nico and Frenkie should be our bets for next season with our budget going for a RB and another winger.

Messigician

Why is he so hell bent on leaving?

Sources close to Sergio Busquets say that he would have probably left Bar?a already if there wasn't a World Cup coming up.

? @mundodeportivo

This is strange to me, it's not like he lost his place or isn't paid well

Any theories?

Gnidrologist

Maybe he realizes that he has overstayed his welcome for 4-5 years already and dragging it further would bring him to the same clown level as Pique .

CatalinR10

Still can't believe a guy with this physique had a career like his. Insane.

FdRfYYraAAAA8sY

Home of Barca Fans