Sergio Busquets

Zidane82

Xavi is not stupid he knows Busi is over, but at the same time it's not FDJ or Gavi who are going to fill his shoes not even 50% close ...

We still have one last season to find our new pivot.

Maybe we could spend the year coaching Gavi into the Kante role ?
He has all the qualities plus some ..

Nazario1985

i'd like him to learn more fines and bird eye view, those will likely be more useful for us.

But i don't know why i see him as a bulky/heavy weight by the age of 23/24..

Total-Football

Pain when u realize with all our explosive players this guy considering his vital position just slows the shit ouf the pace to suit his ass.

Zidane82

Pain when u realize with all our explosive players this guy considering his vital position just slows the shit ouf the pace to suit his ass.

Hardly .. his lack of pace means he occasionally gets caught in possession.. that is his only flaw .

He still controls the pace of our play and still sees the important passes and through balls

Many just see his flaws and are simply blinkered

mc_lovin

I will give him the benefit of the doubt this season - especially if a 2nd fast defender in Kounde arrives. Don't think Busquets was a big problem last season either, with Araujo having a breakout season all the veterans looked better - especially Pique.

Does wonders complementing our amigos instead of putting freaking Lenglet next to them.

JamDav1982

I will give him the benefit of the doubt this season - especially if a 2nd fast defender in Kounde arrives. Don't think Busquets was a big problem last season either, with Araujo having a breakout season all the veterans looked better - especially Pique.

Does wonders complementing our amigos instead of putting freaking Lenglet next to them.

Busquets looked absolutely fucked towards end of season in that run of 4 defeats in 5 at home v bang average sides.. he could barely move to get ball and teams were targetting him and Alves time and again.

No doubt will be less exposed with less amigos and old legs like Alves around him though but hardly anything to be chuffed about.

Zidane82

It is a shame we didnt get Kante to play alongside Busqs these past few years .. his running would have covered for Busqs

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You would have chewn Kante out and called him for trash if he ran himself to the ground for Busquets to get exposed as usual in the CL.

Porque

I think Pedri has the attributes more suited to the way we play DMC.

Can be a solution if you have an offensive midfielder like Bernardo paired with Gavi in midfield.

But it is a big decision to make to shift him there as Pedri has been becoming important on our offensive game- when uninjured.

JamDav1982

So Busquets has been exposed without him?

Change of tune that.. gone from Busi is unique and no one can replace him to now he has been exposed but it is all everyone elses fault.

Fairly sure every time ither folk have complained for years about him being exposed due to lack of legs at top level that has been dismissed as ignoring what he brings as if more than makes up for it.

Last edited:

snowy

Ngolo or Camavinga type would've been a dream signing for us.

if Professor X insists on using him, safest position for Busi could be AM in rotation on the 2nd half vs teams who park the bus.

This way, you take advantage of his distribution, through n loop balls with acceptable risks if he gets dispossessed that far up the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans