Sergio Busquets

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I was half facetious with my statement...but surely you have to agree on this part, that he has been god awful against any remotely good team for years now. More years of that and the sentiment on his legacy will start to change among the majority of fanbases IMO.

I think he is just finished, if iniesta or xavi would play nowadays we would say the same about them. Busquets should have left barca years ago but somehow he didnt realize it.

behindbrowneyes

I think he is just finished, if iniesta or xavi would play nowadays we would say the same about them. Busquets should have left barca years ago but somehow he didnt realize it.

That's on the club too. Should have let him go when City apparently was interested in signing him instead of handing him over that expensive contract extension in 2018. He was already 30 back then and lots of that was due to nostalgia, not future potential. Crazy business to give him a new contract for 5 years.

Joan

Gotta go with [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION] here

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] you're trippin' dwag. busquet's passing ability and awareness was on par with xavi and iniesta, when in his prime

Don't you always :lol:

Yeah, saying Busquets is a system player is not an insult. What was Xavi if not a system player? But his prime was not only world class, it was legend stuff. One of the highest peeks any dm that I've seen play has shown at that position. His passing has always been top notch, still is in fact - most of the time. Awareness, creativity, connections with different players - from Xavi and Iniesta, Messi to Rakitic (I think what they've done in Valverde's first season was great). And let's not pretend he's always been a poor defender. Always tired to be a step ahead to make up for his lackings. Is he the same these days? Far cry from it, some of it due to age, some to tempo, and some to the system he's lost.

Anyway, great player which carried the team. Not the other way around. And certainly not some random fraud.

snowy

Our defense will suck anyways so key is to increase the attack. I'd play in a more advanced AM position

130 vision and passing

-30 speed and balance

lob 'em sweet n spicy balls to Luuky Luke forehead. When opponents foul him, let it be either inside the box or at good free quick distance

Nobody is more responsible for teams bad performances than this guy. Skies down the play every time, invisible defensively, randomly goes forward for no reason, messes up passes. Worst player in the team by far. If we had casemiro instead of this guy barca would play 10x better

Bobo32

He just needs Kante by his side and he?s good for another 5 years :)

No, he needs well positioned MCs and attackers in front of him, who doesn't lose the ball in unexpected or bad positions and who are not terribly out of position when possession is lost.
He also needs defenders and keeper behind him who are good enough to find him correctly, and a coach who doesn't tell him to come deep all the time.

serghei

Nobody is more responsible for teams bad performances than this guy. Skies down the play every time, invisible defensively, randomly goes forward for no reason, messes up passes. Worst player in the team by far. If we had casemiro instead of this guy barca would play 10x better

How about the clueless guy we have as a manager who considers him irreplaceable?

Windhook

What amazes me is that he's been constant on Spain NT as DM. He outlived Javi Martinez who's his age and now plays in Qatar.

serghei

I mean replace with who? There's nobody. They need to buy someone. Don't tell me that nico should be starting i mean he has talent but he's nowhere near this level yet

Ah yes, good old there's nobody. That was said about others and then there was Fati. And then there was Pedri. There's always the new generation when the oldies can't perform anymore. That's a poor excuse.

There will be nobody in the future as well if you play Busi 99% of the time.

xXKonan

You could have prime Xavi and Iniesta in front of this version of Busi and he would still be a bad weak link.

He just cannot handle any team that plays on the front foot.

Home of Barca Fans