Sergio Busquets

Interlop

Another captain captain getting his salary reduced, maybe that will put pressure as an example on other players to do the same.
[tw]1410168201170857984[/tw]

Messi983

Just hope this pay cut won't come with more years added to his contract. Prefer to see him staying on current wages for two more years than have to watch him here beyond 2023.

Interlop

Just hope this pay cut won't come with more years added to his contract. Prefer to see him staying on current wages for two more years than have to watch him here beyond 2023.

I don’t think it’s gonna be like that. Even if we extend his contract, I think he’ll leave gracefully like Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol.

Zidane82

I'd prefer not to bet on this, lol. Just want him gone ASAP.

Gone ??

He has been back to his best for the last few months at least and won Man of Match in both his two games at the Euros !!

He was voted our third best player last season, was he not ?

###

Sergio Busquets wins two man of the match awards in a row
In his only two games so far, the Spanish captain has shown his quality.

Zidane82

I think it is crazy that griezmann, dembele, coutinho, umtiti, sergi Roberto and lenglet get to keep their insane wages while pique, Messi and busi have to take a paycut

JamDav1982

Busquets is a huge reason for Barca constantly being out worked and looking slow in the biggest games in recent years.

Would not get near any other top side as a DM when can barely run.

Still good on ball for most part but the club never learn and will all look bewildered when Busi at DM is torn to shreds by pace and movement of next top side face.

mc_lovin

Busquets is a huge reason for Barca constantly being out worked and looking slow in the biggest games in recent years.

Still good on ball for most part but the club never learn and will all look bewildered when Busi at DM is torn to shreds by pace and movement of next top side face.

He would have gotten a lot less shit with a competent defense behind him though.

Generally he's great for 8 out of 10 games, wanting him out is madness. But what still baffles me is how we never went into the season with two DMs (same issue we had at CF most of the time). It's squad buidling 101.

Zidane82

Much of that was down to tugboat Rakitic ... last season was just strange but even then he was back to best ( nearly ) to the end of the season

JamDav1982

He would have gotten a lot less shit with a competent defense behind him though.

Generally he's great for 8 out of 10 games, wanting him out is madness. But what still baffles me is how we never went into the season with two DMs (same issue we had at CF most of the time). It's squad buidling 101.

Works both ways. Defence would get less shit if had a DM that could move and could protect them.

No chance is Busquets 8 out of 10 most games. Maybe on the ball but even then he isnt but he is a DM that is a huge liability in a team already leggy and slow.

Prodi

Two more years of contract to reduce the wage bill year by year. We have 650M wage will and we have to reduce it to 325 this year.
He had contract until 2022/2023.

2020/2021 22M
--------------------
2021/2022 50% of what he earned last year.
2022/2003 50%

2023/2024 50% + addons
2004/2005 50% + addons

He plays four years for the same wages he was going to earn in two years but with new few addons.
I guess the same will happen with Pique, Roberto and Alba.

https://www.ccma.cat/catradio/tot-c...-un-nou-contracte-a-busquets/noticia/3107557/

Last edited:

Prodi

This has to be a joke.

This club cannot be serious offering this guy a contract until 2025.

Of course it is. There's no other way to reduce 300M in wages. No one is going to reduce his wages not even Messi, he will earn the same wages but in 4, 5 or 10 years.
If this isnt done, we'll have only 10-13 players in the squad until 325M in wages.

This club its done for 5-10 years its time to accept it.

mc_lovin

It's a decent way to solve our wage crisis. Every cent we pay less now will be easier to swallow in a few years/post Corona. We can't just half salaries otherwise. And personally Busquets, Alba and Messi earned it last season. They were mostly good to great.

Home of Barca Fans