Sergio Busquets

Messigician

When he's good he's really good and makes the team tick.

Honestly he needs to play in a dominant team, if I were pep I would do Laporte, Cancelo for Busquets

Bobo32

Not one of the greatest, the greatest by some margin. Who could even be close?

Watching a compilation like that is just a joy. Knowing it will be passes between the lines, still a lot of the clips holds me on my seat, it's not obvious who he will find or when, when the pass is made it's often still a bit surprising, and always it's the best option, nothing could be done better differently. A unique player, someone who can "light up a dark room" as Cantona said, someone worth calling a friend for, or to turn on an otherwise uninteresting game for.

FinBarcelonafan

He is too slow. His reactions, runs etc. We really need to find someone else who can make those key passes, quicker and faster.

Liability out there even Vs Croatia who barely press. Defensively too, always late in every situation.

Messi983

Official: Sergio Busquets was named Star of the Match against Croatia

I wonder what games people deciding about these awards are watching. :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Sergio Busquets vs Croatia

• 100 Minutes Played
• 114 Touches
• 87 Accurate passes (89%)
• 1 Key pass
• 5 Long balls
• 2/2 Successful dribbles
• 8 Duels won
• 4 Interceptions
• 4 Tackles
• 4 Recoveries

Nazario1985

When it comes to busi it seems he needs to score 3 goals 5 assists 50 tackles to be called : he did a good game.

someone else does some cardio = Jesus

Bobo32

Sergio Busquets vs Croatia

• 100 Minutes Played
• 114 Touches
• 87 Accurate passes (89%)
• 1 Key pass
• 5 Long balls
• 2/2 Successful dribbles
• 8 Duels won
• 4 Interceptions
• 4 Tackles
• 4 Recoveries

I wonder what the definition for "key pass" is.
I can bring from memory at least 3 passes from Busquets in just the first half that opened up play and lead to their biggest chances, and I'm sure there were more of those.
What must've been his last pass of the game was one of the most wonderful ones too
And did anyone spot his little pass behind his other leg while pressed and fouled, just when the team as a whole looked very nervous after having conceded?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I wonder what the definition for "key pass" is.
I can bring from memory at least 3 passes from Busquets in just the first half that opened up play and lead to their biggest chances, and I'm sure there were more of those.
What must've been his last pass of the game was one of the most wonderful ones too
And did anyone spot his little pass behind his other leg while pressed and fouled, just when the team as a whole looked very nervous after having conceded?

Key pass is any pass before a shot, so a potential assist. So an exquisite through-ball to a wing player that then sends in a cross would not count as a key pass.

Bobo32

Key pass is any pass before a shot, so a potential assist. So an exquisite through-ball to a wing player that then sends in a cross would not count as a key pass.

Ok, thought it was more subjective, this means a perfect through ball where the attacker doesn't release the shot wouldn't count either then...
He had a lot of "second key passes" today.
I thought he played wonderfully, and I'll post a compilation of his touches if I find one.

Home of Barca Fans