Sergio Busquets

cro-man

Finally he is stopping of making those silly mistakes. Also i like that he is doing much more to support our frontline. Some good passes from him there.

Richard.H

The formation is really helping out Busi. He's not at all a DM in this system. He's more of a CM with FDJ and Pedri covering a lot of gaps for him. He is still an amazing passer so playing as a CM he looks even better than before. He does not need to sprint back and if he loses the ball there is no consequence because FDJ will be there. In the modern game you just can't have a slow DM like Busi. it's suicide. I am not sure why only RK realized this. At this point of his career he can provide much more in the CM.

It really makes you wonder why EV never tried this. Then again Raki and Vidal weren't much faster than Busi.

KingLeo10

Not gonna lie, he was one of my favorites in 2015 but I started to hate his guts for the performances in CL he spearheaded since 2017.

That ball over the top to Messi and that nanosecond buildup for the 2nd reminded me that this guy was indeed once a beast in his prime.

Still not the answer for CL even with this new system but a good bench option for LL in the future if he keeps his contract.

BarcaOG

Banned
Not gonna lie, he was one of my favorites in 2015 but I started to hate his guts for the performances in CL he spearheaded since 2017.

That ball over the top to Messi and that nanosecond buildup for the 2nd reminded me that this guy was indeed once a beast in his prime.

Still not the answer for CL even with this new system but a good bench option for LL in the future if he keeps his contract.

yeah. peak busi for me remains one of my fav players ever, but unfortunately in the last 4-5 years hes just become more and more immobile/useless

was great yesterday tho. motm (for me)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah maybe this busi is good for la liga teams but i still dont trust him in big cl matches.

Andresito

Staff member
Still has some of his prime qualities left. But I think this is the last season where he's an undisputable starter.
Next should be his last, and that in the role of Xavi 2015. Maybe he'll be a starter for the first 2-3 months and after that see more of the bench, especially in CL knockouts.

Andresito

Staff member
Does anyone have graphic which shows his average position. Would be interesting to see.

21-03-2021-Barcelona-Passing-plot-Real-Sociedad-Barcelona.png

Messigician

Too many misconceptions about him.

Firstly, he is slow yes but not immobile like many claim, he always has one of the highest km run per 90 than any otherfootballer out there period.

Secondly he is a system player, if you hang him out to dry with bums in midfield and no cover in defence he will be the biggest problem and was in our yearly UCL humiliations.

If you tailor the system to his strengths ( Koeman 352) (Valverde 442) he will be pretty good and even still world class.

Hope that clears things up for the folks at the back

Bobo32

Too many misconceptions about him.

Firstly, he is slow yes but not immobile like many claim, he always has one of the highest km run per 90 than any otherfootballer out there period.

Secondly he is a system player, if you hang him out to dry with bums in midfield and no cover in defence he will be the biggest problem and was in our yearly UCL humiliations.

If you tailor the system to his strengths ( Koeman 352) (Valverde 442) he will be pretty good and even still world class.

Hope that clears things up for the folks at the back

He was misplayed under Valverde too I'd say, mostly because the general style of play, but also because the players around him weren't able to do anything with his brilliant passes. He was at least well covered defensively most of the time.
He is the best ever at what he does, a unique player who will dominate both offensively and defensively, given the right surroundings. He is neither slower or worse now than he was 10 years ago.

Messigician

He was misplayed under Valverde too I'd say, mostly because the general style of play, but also because the players around him weren't able to do anything with his brilliant passes. He was at least well covered defensively most of the time.
He is the best ever at what he does, a unique player who will dominate both offensively and defensively, given the right surroundings. He is neither slower or worse now than he was 10 years ago.

No I disagree, he looked very good in Valverde's 442. If Paulinho played at Roma and Umtiti's knee didn't give way then we win a treble easy.

Home of Barca Fans