Sergio Busquets

Richard.H

I think he would still be good in a Xavi 2014/2015 season sorta way. A good backup option and a good starter vs midtable/low table LL teams. Something to consider but I doubt Busquets himself would accept that.

kush

Either grab a freebie like Gundo to take his place or spend a bit to get someone with a year left on their contract like an amrabat/kovacic.

He had a couple of good interceptions but is too much a liability defensively to have him for more years. This team can't keep holding onto players too long.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

Either grab a freebie like Gundo to take his place or spend a bit to get someone with a year left on their contract like an amrabat/kovacic.

He had a couple of good interceptions but is too much a liability defensively to have him for more years. This team can't keep holding onto players too long.

Spend? how and from where ?

mc_lovin

He had one bad moment and was very good otherwise. When Real picked up the intensity we did what every reasonable team does and sat back. Not because Real are so great, but when you just go for it the game becomes 50-50 whoever scores first... much easier to play on the counter with less risk (even when the other team looks in charge).

Anyway, next season will be another one of Busquets plus Nico or that Uruguayan talent.

vuji_31

Well I don't remember us kicking the ball whole game, even when RM pressed us in our box, and shit happening because you choose to play like that.

Still it is question will he renew, I think as time goes there is more chance he will go then he will stay.

Andresito

Staff member
Hope we can get a new DM who's good defensively to allow the other midfielders to fly free in attack.

In a compromise, I wouldn't be against getting a young South American prospect who's relatively cheap while keeping Busi for another season.
If Busi is kept though, there has to be another DM in the squad as well, otherwise he'll just soak up all the minutes.

serghei

Been playing his best football in quite a while in the last months. The new 4 midfielders formation suits him well, we manage to hide his flaws much better than before.

Home of Barca Fans