Sergio Busquets

Porque

What system would we build around flamin Delofeu ?

Build every attack through him.

Obv he sucks at Barca level, but that is kind of the point as we always get exposed at CL level with Busi.

Let me ask you, what would be your succession plan with Busquets?

And what has the clubs been? Even now at the ripe age of 34.

vuji_31

Well I agree we need to replace him, but if it is Zubimendi or Jorginho it is not improvement.

Maybe Brozovic and thats all, other are questionable.

delancey

According to a source posted yesterday, he is earning over 700k per week. So it is not only about replacing like for like, but that a fossil is earning ridiculous amounts of money for what he contributes.

Porque

Fucked up supporting the current iteration of the salary cap rules, and having the salary cap negatively impacted in the short through not renewing a 700k/week wage.

Sure we will be better in the medium and long term, but fuckin A for not considering working live capital into how it is computed.

mc_lovin

He's earning 700k/week by deferring large parts of his wages I assume - same as Frenkie.

The list that was posted was full of known errors as well (Roberto, Bellerin...).

Porque

He's earning 700k/week by deferring large parts of his wages I assume - same as Frenkie.

The list that was posted was full of known errors as well (Roberto, Bellerin...).

What would happen though if we didn't renew Busquets, Alba and Bob.

The salary cap would initially drop, but surely losing their wages would absorb the drop? (Pique is gone too).

Then in 3 years or so our Cap would be marvelous.

And this isn't considering what can be raised with the sales of Eric, Raphinha, Kessie, Ferran.

Though this is Barcelona and we always deal in half truths. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if the wages of Ferran Torres for example is higher than it should be, despite so called new structures.

vuji_31

Are we sure that Frenkie and Busquets wages of 700k weekly include deferred wages from previous periods?

Ofc we don't want them, but they don't want to go anywhere, maybe De Jong will want to go on summer, because United will be in CL, but that is not sure.
Also doubt they will offer him current salary.

Getting rid of Busqets, Alba and De Jong would free out salaray cap for 100mil easy.
Add to that Ferran, Rapinha, Garcia and rest it can go to 140 easy.

Nazario1985

Ofc we don't want them, but they don't want to go anywhere, maybe De Jong will want to go on summer, because United will be in CL, but that is not sure.

Getting rid of Busqets, Alba and De Jong would free out salaray cap for 100mil easy.

And play with the U18 team ?:quemiras:

vuji_31

No shit sherlock, I thougth we don't need sign anyone new, because we have 20 great players.

I named players with high salary and few who does not contribude that should be sold in on time.

Messi983

Anyone see Zubimendi struggle against Real Madrid last night ?

So soon after the great performance by Busqs against them ..

The ancient one was still only our 3rd/4th best midfielder that game.

Zubimendi also didn't have whole system set up to get the best out of him and FDJ and Gavi covering for him. In fact he had Sociedad's own version of Imhotep (Illarramendi after his injury) playing alongside him. :lol:

Zubi is by far a better player than Busi over the past few years. Really think he's underrated here and wouldn't mind signing him but 60m is probably too much in our current situation.

delancey

De Jong is a great player, but he does not contribute an output equal to 700k per week. That is madness, especially considering our financial situation. But okay; it is what it is. Now, why the fawk is Biscuits earning this salary? 😆😆

I mean, of course he is seeing out his contract! No one would ever pay him what he is earning here. Maybe some Qatari or Saudi club? 👀

One of the points here is that we are in this terrible financial situation, and the club decided to force De Jong out last summer when Busquets is older, slower, and less important, yet they earn the same. One is Catalan and one is not.

Make of that whatever you want but no player at the age of 35 should be earning these amounts.

Home of Barca Fans