Jack Grealish

Jenks

Been putting in some very mature performances for a 19 year old. Will be interesting to see who he chooses to represent at international level.

Messi10

Height: 1,75 m
Contract until: 30.06.2018
Current club: Aston Villa
Position: Left Wing

Really reminds me of Iniesta, shows no fear, so much flair, passing is brilliant, what a player this kid is going to be, he making Aston Villa play like Barcelona :lol:

Sign him up Barca?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Great player, high pass accuracy percentage as well.

5404.jpg

Antimilan

Anyway I haven't heard of him until this thread came up, and even though I try to follow EPL matches (especially Man Utd ones) as much as I can, I never take English players seriously. Or British players in general, they are usually highly overrated. When you hear Arsenal fans calling Coquelin the best DM in the world, you want to punch them so hard in the face it's unimaginable.

BarcaVillain

Kept a close eye on him coming through our youth academy, an absolute gem. Doesn't have a huge amount of pace and I doubt he'll ever be prolific, but has a real eye for a pass and that god given ability to drift past players like they aren't there. There are definitely similarities in style to Iniesta (not on that level obviously), so in the long run I see him playing more centrally than as a winger.

Played for Ireland at u21 but I think he's beginning to realise he has a decent chance of playing for the English national side in the future should he keep progressing, so expect that'll be who he chooses.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Anyway I haven't heard of him until this thread came up, and even though I try to follow EPL matches (especially Man Utd ones) as much as I can, I never take English players seriously. Or British players in general, they are usually highly overrated. When you hear Arsenal fans calling Coquelin the best DM in the world, you want to punch them so hard in the face it's unimaginable.

No-one has said that

Nobody will ever say that

This sounds like it's pulled from thin air

anguy

Seems slow and weak. Only 19, so he can still improve, especially strength. If we want someone similar to Iniesta we sign Kovacic :).

Antimilan

Coquelin has been incredible, but I don't think anyone considers him the best DM in the world :lol:

Sure they do. At least I saw comments from a lot of Arsenal fans. EPL fans are mostly delusional, and not only Arsenal fans. The whole EPL world is delusional, including the newspapers, coaches, players, fans etc. They think they're special because they "invented" football, yeah right. No wonder the English national team SUCKS BIG TIME!

You can easy spot the bullshit of English newspapers like Dailymail while commenting a player's performance, like: Arsenal's target Lionel Messi scored a hattrick tonight. That is ludicrous and only EPL fans enjoy that.

Moreover, I always felt that EPL fans lack proper football knowledge, at least in the encounters that I've had with some friends of mine that are EPL clubs fans, name: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd. I've witnessed bunch of fans gathered to watch a match in a local fan-zone bar, and they were applauding every time 2 successful passes were made in the midfield of Liverpool during a match. That is how fucked up a fan can get. If it were to clap every time 2 passes were done in a Spanish club's midfield, our hands would fall off.

Then I've watched an Arsenal fan comment in a Arsenal fb fan page "Arsenal is the most successful club in Europe in 2015 according to statistics", oh yeah? In the EPL? What about Europe where you were eliminated by Monaco? How shameful must that be?

That's just my opinion anyway, but it is not formed out of nothing, but out of what I've evoked when encountered EPL clubs' fans.

Last edited:

Alik

No-one has said that

Nobody will ever say that

This sounds like it's pulled from thin air

Well, apparently it has already been said that he's better than Busquets.

Hope he goes into Bossquets mode tomorrow. He'll be absolutely vital.

Other than that, here some post from Arsenal forum about Coquelin :)lol:) being better than Busquets:

BS. Have you watched Barcelona matches? Anytime they play against decent attacking team(par CL, Real or ATM where they play with lots of intensity in attack and defense), they suffer heart attack after heart attack with counters, Busquets can't play in EPL top teams, unless he is on Chelsea with their Bus to protect him.

Javier Masch, Pique, Alba, Alves make endless of last ditch tackles to save Barca and Busquets is almost never in position to stop counters. He is bit like Ramsey when drops defending for good sometimes. Only way he helps win ball back is by basically diving and pretending to injured. Look at Le Coq and how much he saves us, Merte is more comparable to Busquets than Le Coq

BarcaVillain

Sure they do. At least I saw comments from a lot of Arsenal fans. EPL fans are mostly delusional, and not only Arsenal fans. The whole EPL world is delusional, including the newspapers, coaches, players, fans etc. They think they're special because they "invented" football, yeah right. No wonder the English national team SUCKS BIG TIME!

You can easy spot the bullshit of English newspapers like Dailymail while commenting a player's performance, like: Arsenal's target Lionel Messi scored a hattrick tonight. That is ludicrous and only EPL fans enjoy that.

Moreover, I always felt that EPL fans lack proper football knowledge, at least in the encounters that I've had with some friends of mine that are EPL clubs fans, name: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd. I've witnessed bunch of fans gathered to watch a match in a local fan-zone bar, and they were applauding every time 2 successful passes were made in the midfield of Liverpool during a match. That is how fucked up a fan can get. If it were to clap every time 2 passes were done in a Spanish club's midfield, our hands would fall off.

Then I've watched an Arsenal fan comment in a Arsenal fb fan page "Arsenal is the most successful club in Europe in 2015 according to statistics", oh yeah? In the EPL? What about Europe where you were eliminated by Monaco? How shameful must that be?

That's just my opinion anyway, but it is not formed out of nothing, but out of what I've evoked when encountered EPL clubs' fans.

My word. Not much of a sample size to go on there. That might be 'just your opinion', but it is flat out wrong. I've been a Villa fan for 20 years, and literally dispute every single one of your statements. Lets break it down.

1) Technically we did invent the game. Doesn't mean we are, or ever were, the best at it. Far from it infact, we're probably in the top 10.

2) Frankly insulted you think anyone British of moderate intelligence believes what is written in the media. A bit of generalisation going on here I feel.

3) If your friends only support the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United, it's fair to say you haven't got a large enough sample size of fans in this country. If I were to generalise, I might suggest that you've befriended quite a few glory hunters...but I won't.

To summarise, I think you'd struggle to find a level headed person who thinks that either Coquelin is the best DM in the world, or that Arsenal are the best side in Europe in 2015. Something tells me you have an agenda against the English, and you're using absolute nonsense to support that arguement.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans