Jack Grealish

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's an inflated fee but it's England. I think he's an ideal fit as a left sided interior for what Pep will have them play, it'll free Foden to be an outright winger on the right with Sterling on the left. Although to be fair Raheem is better on the right so there is flexibility in terms of switching flanks for both

Premiership is all too often overhyped but this season there are 3 squads stocked with talent & potential: City, Chelsea & United. Liverpool will be on the outside looking in

fergus90

I'd never pay 100m for Grealish lol. Even if he's a good player.

I've said it a few times, im genuinely surprised City are willing to spend that. He might be worth 100 million to us because it allows us to replace him adequately (provided we spend it right).

But he's not the 100 million missing piece City are missing to kick them on, especially when they are already winning the league, domestic cups, getting to CL finals etc and he's missed at least 12 league games through injury 3 of the last 4 seasons.

I don't begrudge him wanting to move to win trophies though especially now he's just about to turn 26.

Jenks

I think City probably looked at what they were lacking in that Champions League final and a player who can reliably dribble and carry the ball into the area was one, and a real top class #9 was the other. In terms of the money I don't think they care too much beyond the implications of FFP, which seem to be close to non-existent at the moment. That's what makes me think the Kane deal will happen too, once both parties are content that they're not being taken for mugs.

malvolio

it's like in FM after playing for 10 strait seasons, winning everything and having more money than you can spend. you just pile up on expensive players just because you can.

KingLeo10

Guardiola can't win at the highest level without Messi - Xavi - Iniesta.

The way he lost to Chelsea was embarrassing.

fergus90

It could go either one of two ways to be honest with the price tag and lofty expectations:

1) he could be the missing piece to dominate domestically and in Europe

2 ) or it's a Coutinho type transfer where the money spent adds very little difference to what's already there.

mc_lovin

Always thought he's a good but not great player. Not sure what to make of this... I don't think it's a given that Grealish, Foden and de Bruyne will work together.

FinBarcelonafan

Not really excited for City about this move. I don't think see how this makes them that much better.

It's almost like Griezmann signing with Barca.

Imo. Waste of hundred mil.

serghei

?32 million more than they've ever spent on an individual player though. Especially after Pep was pleading poverty in his striker hunt :lol:

Maybe they have realized that 1 good player for 100m is better than two 50m flops.

Pep manipulates as he breathes. It's second nature to him by now.

Zidane82

It's an inflated fee but it's England. I think he's an ideal fit as a left sided interior for what Pep will have them play, it'll free Foden to be an outright winger on the right with Sterling on the left. Although to be fair Raheem is better on the right so there is flexibility in terms of switching flanks for both

Premiership is all too often overhyped but this season there are 3 squads stocked with talent & potential: City, Chelsea & United. Liverpool will be on the outside looking in

Liverpool will still buy some players apparently- even so they have Klopp who is a fabulous manager . ManU will never win anything with OGS .. as nice a bloke as he is .

Home of Barca Fans