Lliga: Cordoba - Barca 0-8

EdmondDantes

Apart from Messi, Neymar and Suarez have had a rest here and there. But in the form Leo is in, he could play non stop for weeks and still deliver the goods.

The boys at the back are rested as well. Masche has had a bit of a rest. Xavi, Iniesta, Raki, Rafa as well. So all things considered we would be fine playing a strong 11, as long as we get the job done early and keep possession.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho brought us this far, whatever he decides will work.
Can't believe we only have 4 more matches to go until La Liga is over

PhilS

Round 35 this weekend is the key for Barca winning Liga this year, this is likely the determining round. Not because of Barca's game, that will be a walkover regardless of what lineup Lucho fields. Barca needs Sevilla to play RM as tough as they played Barca. I think there is a fine chance Sevilla can draw or win. RM dropping any points will pretty much guarantee La Liga for Barca.

If RM wins Saturday, that gives them a high probablility of winning out, their last 3 games should be quite a bit easier. Barca could certainly drop points at the Calderon, even if Barca plays well there.

Kikan

.Barca will win all the remaining matches including atletico one . Relax guys and enjoy the remaining games because messi , Neymar and suarez will die on the pitch before droping a single point . :cheers:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Certainly helps that Cholo's team have a 6 point cushion over Sevilla/Valencia. Don't think they'd let us win but it's a question of motivation.
But first things first: we need 3 points tomorrow from Cordoba.

raskolnikov

I keep thinking that it has to be nearly impossible for Real to win every single game since the classico, especially since they seem so mediocre and full of injuries.
Time for Sevilla to finish them off and end their la liga ambitions.
We need to keep winning of course, no room for complacency.

blastandburn

I agree. Neymar, Messi and some other guys must be rested in this game. We have to secure a win at the same time rest the guys ahead of the semi finals against Bayern.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
[formation=barca,10]
Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Montoya-0-Pique-0-Masch-0-Alba
0-0-0-S.Roberto-0-0-0
0-0-Rakitic-0-Iniesta-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Messi-0-Suarez-0-Pedro-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

L

linetty

We should be able to end the game within 45 minutes again and rest some key players.

serghei

Cordoba game is huge. Being 5 points in front of Madrid before they play Sevilla is awesome.

cmsy27

Pretty sure Ney and Suarez won't BOTH start; one of them will be rested. Messi really should get some rest too, but I feel Lucho might let him play the full game. Xavi / Iniesta can each play half; the rest of the midfield have gotten adequate rest. Would like to see Bartra and Montoya start as well. Any updates on Vermaelen?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Pretty sure Ney and Suarez won't BOTH start; one of them will be rested. Messi really should get some rest too, but I feel Lucho might let him play the full game. Xavi / Iniesta can each play half; the rest of the midfield have gotten adequate rest. Would like to see Bartra and Montoya start as well. Any updates on Vermaelen?

He got a green light a long time ago, scored a golazo at training recently :)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
We have a perfect record record, won the 3 times we played them, 2-0 5-0 5-0, really can't imagine a scenario where we don't get the 2points, even worst, they have only 3wins in the entire season, 11draws and 20losses ..

Not worried at all, just waiting to see what line up Lucho will field, and hoping Messi (he'll obviously play) can stack up a hat trick :)

ManusXavi

No MSN please. I want them to go after Bayern like a pack od hungry wolves next week. Messi can play full 90mins., he'll rest walking in centre od pitch in 2nd half.
But either Neymar or Suárez should sit this out.

True. . . Messi does prefer to do this, than rest on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans