Lliga: Barca - Valencia 2-0

Mido

I heard both Modric and Bail got injured. Is Modric really out for the rest of the season?
If so, it is even more of a miracle, that we have all our players (except for :vermaelen:, obviously) in tact all season along. Just look at the injury plague that bother two thirds of other big clubs this season. It's uncanny.

This is one of the main reasons why I respect Luis Enrique, a true professional !

StarLord

Think about it the day after and I still cant believe we won. Nothing short of a miracle it wasnt 1-3 at ht.
This win is so important, might even be the one that leads to our title victory.

Imagine losing this, we would be behind Real again.
In my mind, now that Modric is out Reals season is in danger. They can lose everything this week, and I hope thats what happens. If celta take points of them, we beat pericos and pa liga is very close.
This valencia game will ve viewed as a crucial win.

Many of you are going ballistic with how many chances Valancia created in that first half.

The penalty was a wrong decision, so we can't blame the the players :pique:

And while they had another 3-4 good occasions, only one of those was a genuine goal-scoring opportunity: Alcacer's shot hitting the post. In the second half, Valencia only had one half-chance.

Considering the amount of strain that the team has gone through recently, the fact that Valencia are actually really good, the fact that they gave their all in that first half, the fact that we rotated, we should all be very pleased with the level of performance yesterday.

DrPepper

Sevilla were lucky to get a result against us and this time Valencia were unlucky to not get one. Evened out pretty quick.

Oh, and liked that Messi chose to pass to Suarez for the first goal instead of Neymar. Normally he always chooses the latter in these types of breaks.

StarLord

Sevilla were lucky to get a result against us and this time Valencia were unlucky to not get one. Evened out pretty quick.

Oh, and liked that Messi chose to pass to Suarez for the first goal instead of Neymar. Normally he always chooses the latter in these types of breaks.

Messi chooses the player that is in the better position, and/or is easier to be reached through a pass. The Valencia defender was closing down Neymar in that instance, while Suarez was completely free, even if a bit out wide. Suarez had the option to either take the shot himself or square it for Messi.

Home of Barca Fans