Aston Villa

fergus90

Yo [MENTION=22060]fergus90[/MENTION]. Since you watch him week in week out, can you gimme a lil scout report on Matty Cash?

What are his strengths, or weaknesses? Is he the real deal.

I have really been impressed whenever I have watched him. Seems to have endless stamina...

Yes mate, like you mentioned he has immense stamina and will bomb up and down the pitch from the first minute to the last. Always making himself available for the ball and full of energy every game even if things aren't particularly working out for him or the team.

His weakness from an attacking sense is his end-product can be very inconsistent, regularly over hitting the final pass especially if he's trying to cross in the air. He also can delay releasing the ball sometimes and then the 'moment' gets lost.

I have to say though there has been an obvious improvement in his final ball in the last couple months under Stevie G.

Defensively he is very solid and often can recover a lot of balls with his pace. I think outside of the obvious Cancelo, Trent etc he's the best of the rest. Obviously he was never going to get a look in for England with that depth but has started brightly for Poland though and is an international level player.

Temptation

Yes mate, like you mentioned he has immense stamina and will bomb up and down the pitch from the first minute to the last. Always making himself available for the ball and full of energy every game even if things aren't particularly working out for him or the team.

His weakness from an attacking sense is his end-product can be very inconsistent, regularly over hitting the final pass especially if he's trying to cross in the air. He also can delay releasing the ball sometimes and then the 'moment' gets lost.

I have to say though there has been an obvious improvement in his final ball in the last couple months under Stevie G.

Defensively he is very solid and often can recover a lot of balls with his pace. I think outside of the obvious Cancelo, Trent etc he's the best of the rest. Obviously he was never going to get a look in for England with that depth but has started brightly for Poland though and is an international level player.

Haha yeah. Finally Lewandowski will have some support in the national team.

Villa is definitely my second favorite club in the PL. Always had a soft spot for them evem after you guys hammered us 7 2. Hope you guys break into the top 6 soon enough.

Used to tune into every Villa match ladt few seasons just for Grealish. Man he was something else at Villa. Fuck him for leaving.

Now with StevieG and Couti, my allegiance to Villa continues.

Your fanbase happy with Stevie??

fergus90

Haha yeah. Finally Lewandowski will have some support in the national team.

Villa is definitely my second favorite club in the PL. Always had a soft spot for them evem after you guys hammered us 7 2. Hope you guys break into the top 6 soon enough.

Used to tune into every Villa match ladt few seasons just for Grealish. Man he was something else at Villa. Fuck him for leaving.

Now with StevieG and Couti, my allegiance to Villa continues.

Your fanbase happy with Stevie??

I'm glad to hear that. Funnily enough my first time going to Villa park was against Liverpool in January 1996, you beat us 0-2.

It would be nice to get back into Europe again, I used to love the midweek Uefa cup games and obviously we had a stint in the Europa League in 08-10 too although for the first season we seemed to completely disregard it for some reason and fielded kids.

We are happy with Gerrard, the difference in application and fitness has been apparent since day 1 but we also play some wonderful football at times. Of course his pull enables us to sign a much higher calibre of player too. If someone had told me last year we'd have Coutinho, I'd tell them they would need sectioning.

Although there has been a bit of debate this week and some fans have been ruffled that he was doing media appearances in Liverpool training gear as he had that legends game against Barca. Personally didn't take any notice of it, but caused a bit of debate on radio and forums.

Haha yeah, Agbonlahor is an absolute fool, claims to be Villa through and through but absolutely stole a living for the last 5 years of his career. Him regularly scoring winners against the Blues has obviously made some fans look back at him more fondly than they should have been.

Temptation

I'm glad to hear that. Funnily enough my first time going to Villa park was against Liverpool in January 1996, you beat us 0-2.

It would be nice to get back into Europe again, I used to love the midweek Uefa cup games and obviously we had a stint in the Europa League in 08-10 too although for the first season we seemed to completely disregard it for some reason and fielded kids.

We are happy with Gerrard, the difference in application and fitness has been apparent since day 1 but we also play some wonderful football at times. Of course his pull enables us to sign a much higher calibre of player too. If someone had told me last year we'd have Coutinho, I'd tell them they would need sectioning.

Although there has been a bit of debate this week and some fans have been ruffled that he was doing media appearances in Liverpool training gear as he had that legends game against Barca. Personally didn't take any notice of it, but caused a bit of debate on radio and forums.

Haha yeah, Agbonlahor is an absolute fool, claims to be Villa through and through but absolutely stole a living for the last 5 years of his career. Him regularly scoring winners against the Blues has obviously made some fans look back at him more fondly than they should have been.

I don't think it's a big deal at all. Just a legends' game. It's hardly a secret that he's a Liverpool man and loves the club.

fergus90

I don't think it's a big deal at all. Just a legends' game. It's hardly a secret that he's a Liverpool man and loves the club.

No I know. Thought it was a bunch of nonsense myself but just knew the inevitable whinging by some.

I assume in an ideal world Liverpool will hope Gerrard shows enough potential to directly take over from Klopp. Although I feel for any manager having to follow what he's achieving.

Temptation

I assume in an ideal world Liverpool will hope Gerrard shows enough potential to directly take over from Klopp.

That's the dream!!

Although would love for Klopp to stay a few more years while Gerrard can get some more quality experience.

Villa owners seem willing to spend on the squad. I think they'll keep attracting good signings.

Temptation

Some of Aston Villa's targets and rumours for the upcoming window are Philips, Bissouna, Ginter, Kamara, Galatasaray Defender Nelsson.

Looks like another exciting summer ahead at Villa Park.

Temptation

Villa have joined the queue for Gareth Bale.

Would be a great impact sub signing if the wages could be satisfactory. Bale can still impact a game singlehandedly on his day. Such a match winner.

Would be a great signing after Villa missed out on Bissouma.

I expect Bailey to be making an impact next season. Hope they get in some other promising signings too.

Such a promising project.

fergus90

Strong rumours we are talking to Pochettino for the managers job. We'd be the perfect club for him to be honest as he excels at helping mid level clubs over-achieve.

Home of Barca Fans