Barca elections 2015

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There are 3 candidates so far: Bartomeu, Benedito and Farre.

What do we know about the other 2?
And where is that guy that's a member of Illuminati?

F

Flavia

Can anyone provide a brief bio/background/run-down of each candidate, other than Barto?

Sport-en just did:

Who will run to be the next Barcelona president? Laporta, Benedito and the rest Josep Capdevila runs down the list of options for the next Barca chief. Four stand out

the-candidates-1420665017997.jpg

The race begins. We're a few months away from the elections but nobody can lose time and within weeks the interested parties will start showing their cards. Who will bid for election as the new president of Barcelona? Four names are clear. In alphabetical order, here they are.

Josep Maria Bartomeu

Barcelona, 1963. He is the current president following Sandro Rosell's resignation one year ago. Like his immediate predecessor, he has had a difficult reign with many obstacles, some involuntary and some he has sought out himself. His economic management does not seem to have been bad, but you can't say the same for the sport side. The situation has gradually deteriorated until he has had to call the elections a year earlier than planned. He announced that on Wednesday.

Agusti Benedito

Barcelona, 1964. Entrepreneur from the automotive sector. He ran in the 2010 elections, won by Sandro Rosell, finishing in second place with 14.09% of the vote. Although he did not triumph he could be seen as the revelation of Barcelona's world, participating in debates and giving his point of view on the current Barcelona team. He has also made clear his intention to stand in the next election.

Victor Font

Granollers, 1972. The head of consulting firm Delta Partners. He has not officially announced his intention to run for election, but the name carries strength. In the 2010 elections he was part of the bid of Marc Ingla, who is a good friend, like former executive Ferran Soriano. Having to be in Dubai regularly for his work does raise doubts about whether he will be able to construct a campaign in time.

Joan Laporta

Barcelona 1962. A lawyer, and former president of Barcelona between 2003 and 2010. Many consider him the best president the club has ever had, thanks to the sporting success of the team under Pep Guardiola. However, his reign also had its dark spots. After hearing the call for elections he tweeted: "Now more than ever we must encourage the team for the good of the club. In regard to the elections, I will speak when I see the right opportunity and always with the desire to maintain the stability of the club." In all surveys of recent weeks, he's been the favourite to win the election.

Others?

No other candidate is noteworthy. Jordi Farre, a little known person in the Barcelona family, announced he would be a candidate, and has called a new press conference for Thursday next week.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I hope the others get a decent chance, but I see everyone kissing Laporta's ass already so probably not. Too bad, I hope they actually all show extensively thought-out plans for the future of our club. No transfer promises, no bullshit. solid management is all I want.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I hope the others get a decent change, but I see everyone kissing Laporta's ass already so probably not. Too bad, I hope they actually all show extensively thought-out plans for the future of our club. No transfer promises, no bullshit. solid management is all I want.

This bullshit is what get the voters .and the whole"plans" candidates shows is usually ps that they don't do once they are voted

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
They won't be able to make any great transfer promises because we are banned. Should make it more interesting TBH.

vinni

This article shed som light on Agusti Benedito's campaign for president.
I know Goal sucks and all, but they have actually interviewed him.

It seems like he is saying everything a barca fan wants to hear about the future..

Edit: Yikes i see now i cant link to goal. Sorry about that. If you google his name and goal you can read the article.

zanela

Former player Oscar Garcia and Rayo coach Paco Jemez are candidates to become Barcelona coach if Jordi Farre wins the elections. [sport]

Lomar1o

whoever wins and whatever the outcome will be i hope they do not bring back the passing to death style which amounts to nothing

Home of Barca Fans