Harry Kane

Jenks

60m or 160m what does it matter to City? The only thing ever holding them back was FFP and that is almost a non-issue at the moment.

Rory

Yeah city spending 160m on one player this season doesn’t mean they can’t do the same the next 3 years unlike every other club in world football except maybe PSG. If city, Chelsea and PSG want to dominate football for the next few years there’s nothing stopping them. Well except PSG’s inferiority complex and pep losing the plot in a big game.

Jenks

I think he's doing the right thing. The club convinced him to stay by promising him investment and the ability to leave if that investment wasn't forthcoming. If they can't honour that then he shouldn't feel any obligation to them beyond what he cannot legally avoid. I think Spurs would be wise to sell while they still have time to reinvest. Whatever happens they're not going to be keeping Harry Kane, not the Harry Kane they know, anyway.

Nucky

Honestly can you blame him? He knows the only thing he'll win at Spurs is league cup or maybe FA Cup.. Player of his quality wants a lot more, at City he can win everything in England and maybe even reach UCL glory.. Can't blame the guy..

El Gato

Villarato!
So here's a thing up for discussion - would Kane be willing to go as far as ditching training for a club he likes if he didn?t have some offers on the table ? Like surely, something must be going on for him to go and pull no-shows

I know City might be interested and all, even being in on Grealish for big money, but I cant see them preferring Kane now over stop-gap?ing with Sterling central and all in on Haaland next year.
Unless they did offer a lowball trying to play on Kane sentiment to leave and ultimately are targeting both?
Didnt think Pep would be fussed to do that and would prefer a single main striker.

But if not, who else could be keen enough to make Kane want to quit this fast?
Liverpool I thought were done buying and not for that kind of money as revenue took a hit based on accounts published and are scrambling to raise money from the bench. And I dont think they like Kane very much so clearly biding time for better players (Mbappe?) next summer.

United seem to like Rashford and Greenwood, so adding Kane makes some sense, but same mindset as their neighbours I imagine.
Of all candidates they're seemingly the only remotely possible option in the Prem other than City? Still, as before, I'd wager they're keeping Cavani for purpose of going in on Haaland?

So if there?s anyone offering Kane a ways out to make him actually quit training, who could it be?
Bayern?

Birdy

Levy would be stupid to turn down the offer.
He can play a little bit to raise the price, but 120-50 m pounds is hell lot of money.
Kane is 28, he has 3-4 more years in his prime. From then on it will be steep decline. His touches will always be WC, but you can't survive in modern football only by that.

With that money Levy can buy 3-4 top notch players at the right age (up to 25) to be the leaders of Tottenham in the future

messi2140

6racies Xavi
One key factor that you are forgetting is that his brother is his agent. An agent who thought it was a great idea to sign a 6 year deal with no release clause. Just his entourage ill advising him imo (he obviously shares some of the blame as well).

A bit similar to the Ramos case.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's completely understandable if Kane is pissed if it's really true that Levy promised him he could leave this summer. Tottenham have not invested to build a competitive team good enough to win trophies. I think Kane would love to stay at Tottenham his entire career and that it's always been a priority for him, but it's tough to retain that motivation of being a top striker if there's no trophies in sight.

Kane is 28 years old. He doesn't have the time to wait for Spurs to see if they can do something in a year or two. He'll be 30 then.

I'd usually support the club expecting the player to commit to the club as long as he's there and remain professional, but I won't be surprised if Levy snaked him and Kane is doing this out of frustration.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Lol levy is a two faced snake who loves money more than anything else in the world. I hope Kane stays there, shit explodes in the dressing room and spurs go back to being the nothing club they are.

Home of Barca Fans