Jose Luis Gaya

behindbrowneyes

Read in Sport that they really like Gaya but have agreed that a striker is more important for the team. They believe that Alba still has another year on a top level and Balde is the next in line to be promoted to the first team. Balde is an explosive left back with pace and used to be a winger in youth. Profilewise a bit like Alphonso Davis, but not gonna say he'll be anything near that good. He has just played 8 games for the B-team and has a long way to go.

15M for Gaya is a market opportunity, but if it is either Gaya or a striker I agree that a striker is more important. I wonder why Valencia want to sell him this cheap. Gaya still has a contract until 2022.

Of course it would be wise to sell both Alba and Firpo and get Gaya instead, but I doubt that this is a realistic option. Would be a great way to reduce the age in the squad and get a decent replacement though.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Read in Sport that they really like Gaya but have agreed that a striker is more important for the team. They believe that Alba still has another year on a top level and Balde is the next in line to be promoted to the first team. Balde is an explosive left back with pace and used to be a winger in youth. Profilewise a bit like Alphonso Davis, but not gonna say he'll be anything near that good. He has just played 8 games for the B-team and has a long way to go.

15M for Gaya is a market opportunity, but if it is either Gaya or a striker I agree that a striker is more important. I wonder why Valencia want to sell him this cheap. Gaya still has a contract until 2022.

Of course it would be wise to sell both Alba and Firpo and get Gaya instead, but I doubt that this is a realistic option. Would be a great way to reduce the age in the squad and get a decent replacement though.

How is Gaya defensively? He is obviously downgrade offensively from Alba but hopefully he could provide better defense than him.

Porque

I think we're going with Alejandro Balde. I trust this option more than when tried with Miranda a few seasons back.

The B team will be in the new Spanish 3rd division or the Second Division next year, so he will be keeping match fit (and developing at a somewhat decent level).

Andresito

Staff member
Balde has only played 600 minutes for B team this season. He's a big gamble. But Alba is going to be undisputed starter anyway, so we should be able to afford taking the risk of trusting Balde as backup.

clemente

I know we'll get him this summer because of how much of a mess Valencia is, a lot of players will try to leave

vuji_31

Not bad option if small fee is there.

Alba-Gaya and Dest-Emerson

Solid and there is place for improvememt of 3 players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Perfect age, soon-to-be 26 with loads of experience too. Not old where he'll start declining soon nor too young and inexperienced.

Catta

He is the player I want the most for Barca to sign this summer. Think it would be a big mistake if we don't get him.

soul24rage

It would be great to get him, but I don't see us getting him this summer.

Maybe next summer when he has a year left on his contract.

Home of Barca Fans