AFC Ajax

Porque

Overmars... now known as Undervenus.

CriminalAchingFairyfly-size_restricted.gif

Windhook

That's not just ridiculous, it's criminal...
the technical secretary (in other clubs it's the SD) is a very serious position to offer to a clown

Isn't Alemany in that position of sporting director? I think he's doing a terrific job and also don't know if UEFA/La Liga laws allow Pique to be the owner of Andorra FC and SD at Barca at the same time.

JamDav1982

An ego the size of Piques would be a disasters on board of Barca and in SD role let alone asking how qualified he is for it.

Birdy

Isn't Alemany in that position of sporting director? I think he's doing a terrific job and also don't know if UEFA/La Liga laws allow Pique to be the owner of Andorra FC and SD at Barca at the same time.

YEs, I meant the naming of the positions is not consistent across different clubs/countries.
The position of 'technical secretary' that Planes had until recently, is named 'SD' elsewhere,
and Allemany's position is named otherwise.

It's better to define the position according to duties and responsibilities.
Planes was delegated with managing, directing, and overseeing all scouting activities and making shortlists of transfer targets to be bought.
That takes place in close cooperation with the Data Analytics department, in clubs that have such departments.
At Liverpool, Edwards has these duties

It's a very important position to neglect
It's already a mistake to have no one replacing planes, and assuming Xavi will the proposing transfer targets.
But handing it over to a clown like Pique? That's a crime, and tragic at the same time

Windhook

But handing it over to a clown like Pique? That's a crime, and tragic at the same time

Businesswise Pique isn't doing bad, he already owns a club, is part of Davis Cup in tennis and other ventures probably we don't know about. Simply put I don't see any signs of Pique having interest in a SD role, don't know from where this rumour originates.

I rather see Leo Messi in this role, but that could be a possibility once Laporta is out of the club.

khaled_a_d

That's not just ridiculous, it's criminal...
the technical secretary (in other clubs it's the SD) is a very serious position to offer to a clown

Pique is well educated, with surprisingly very high IQ (read it was above 160 actually), born to a wealthy family that owns business and already started his own successful one. With some Harvard courses in entertainment management that is generally only offered to celebrities' with serious potential in business.
Call him a clown as you want, but the guy is a serious candidate for being future Barca president and I do think he will be actually great fit for the SD job.
Many previous footballers jumped to such position right away with less CV and less qualifications.
His social media stunts are the only one against him being qualified for such position tbh. He will need to cut it off when he is negotiation with other players/agents

Birdy

Pique is well educated, with surprisingly very high IQ (read it was above 160 actually), born to a wealthy family that owns business and already started his own successful one. With some Harvard courses in entertainment management that is generally only offered to celebrities' with serious potential in business.
Call him a clown as you want, but the guy is a serious candidate for being future Barca president and I do think he will be actually great fit for the SD job.
Many previous footballers jumped to such position right away with less CV and less qualifications.
His social media stunts are the only one against him being qualified for such position tbh. He will need to cut it off when he is negotiation with other players/agents

President maybe, as we all know president at Barca is a political position, and qualifications and CVs are rather irrelevant.
But SD or anything within the structure of the club that requires expertise? Hell NO!
The fact that ex footballers were handed such positions without qualifications just attest to the pathogeny, and strengthens my point

Harvard courses for celebrities say shite about his abilities, as well as how much he can score in an IQ test.
You need expertise to take over some positions.
Maybe if he sits his rich ass down and works hard, he can get that expertise in the future. But that's speculative.
For now, it's dangerous to even discuss about him being considered

Rassvet

Businesswise Pique isn't doing bad, he already owns a club, is part of Davis Cup in tennis and other ventures probably we don't know about. Simply put I don't see any signs of Pique having interest in a SD role, don't know from where this rumour originates.

I rather see Leo Messi in this role, but that could be a possibility once Laporta is out of the club.

Messi sporting director :facepalm:

stb_1

Anyone know a website which shows full league games from Ajax? (from this season)

I can only watch them live on streams or find their CL games online.

Morten

Can't believe how they still might lose the title in the end, the g/d is soooo much better than PSV, and yet they are only 2 points ahead.

Home of Barca Fans