Agreement for Thomas Vermaelen

catalonarca

Barcelona reeched an agreement for Thomas Vermaelen.

The media talks about a price around (18.5 million euro's)

Qonny

Was genuinly surprised by this. Haven't bothered to follow the latest transfer rumors though.

Ketoth

congrats!

He's a very good defender, with the right discipline and confidence he can go on to be world class.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
1000x410__VERMAELEN.v1407583454.jpg

Last edited:

FC B

Happy for a new defender, not the best of them ofc but better than none....

Welocme Thomas!

killerqueen

They were to be serious strengthen in defense of Barcelona, and there are only a reserve player from Arsenal and Mathieu who has never got to the representation. Puyol rather will not find the successors.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not exactly what majority of fans wished but Vermaelen will undoubtedly improve our backline.

barcabarca2

I wouldn't call Vermaelen a reserve player, during his injury troubles Koscielny and Mertesacker developed amazing synergy and I could honestly name only a couple of players in the entire world who could break up their partnership. Vermaelen (if he can stay fit) could prove to be the signing of the season. He is absolutely fearless, athletic and super aggressive, he's definitely gonna score some goals. He's also a leader and very vocal (on the pitch, he's pretty quiet outside of the pitch), he's a LOT like Puyol

And he did make some mistakes when he got to play recently (messed up a couple of offside traps, made a couple of bad decisions) but these mistakes will disappear when he starts getting regular gametime, I guarantee it

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I wouldn't call Vermaelen a reserve player, during his injury troubles Koscielny and Mertesacker developed amazing synergy and I could honestly name only a couple of players in the entire world who could break up their partnership. Vermaelen (if he can stay fit) could prove to be the signing of the season. He is absolutely fearless, athletic and super aggressive, he's definitely gonna score some goals. He's also a leader and very vocal (on the pitch, he's pretty quiet outside of the pitch), he's a LOT like Puyol

And he did make some mistakes when he got to play recently (messed up a couple of offside traps, made a couple of bad decisions) but these mistakes will disappear when he starts getting regular gametime, I guarantee it
if he gets regularly game time

Home of Barca Fans