Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

Fati_Future_BallonDor

bayern found their new superstar in musiala, he and mane will cause a lot of trouble this season, it's too early to say it but bayern could be stronger than last season with lewa

serghei

Its called the death of the number 10, its not that they are bad players, but few teams at the highest level have room for that role anymore.

It's because of the limitation a no10 player implies for other players, and we've seen this well with Messi in his last years. The no10 and the false 9 are the only positions that greatly alters what other players can and can't do. Especially the no10 or the so called joker playmaker.

It will come down to how good Musiala is defensively. Is he lazy and care-free defensively, or is he a hard worker digging deep to cover off the ball? If he needs babysitting off the ball in defense, it's bad news. No 10s are very inconsistent defenders, that's the whole problem with them. They need babysitting, from a player doing extra in defense just to cater for their downfalls. And not every team has a Makelele or a Kante lying around.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think their attack is necessarily stronger than with Lewandowski, they lost not just a huge outlet of goals but also somebody who can hold the ball and link up very well; it is just that they will have other options that they didn't use before. Mane the CF I am still not fully convinced, we will see.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Not always.
2011-13 they were.
2016 under Pep,
and then after Flick resurrected them 2020-21

Nah, that's a bit of a stretch. Bayern were even considered clear favorites heading into the semifinals in 2014.

Every year from 11/12-16-17, Bayern at full strength was at least a top 3 team in Europe to win the Champions League and they were a top 3 for sure as well in 19-20 and 20-21.

The other years, they were a bit further back but still one of the contenders to win it every time.

Rassvet

Bayern the perennial league winner is good news for me, as interest from overseas market on Bundesliga will keep dwindling, or at least make it grow at a slower rate than other leagues. That is great news for me.

Bayern the money club already sensed the crisis, pushing DFL to move German Super Cup to be held in a foreign country and wanting the league to abolish 50+1.

Thats part of why we'll probably need some kind of super league at some point. Club football in Italy and France isn't in great shape either. Don't know how Spain is outside of Madrid and Barca, but the only country where it seems to be thriving in the current system is England.

gregorrin10

Bayern leading by 5 goals, against a reasonably strong Bundesliga-side, wth?

Its possible Lewandowski will do well at Barcelona, but he will never have as good working conditions as he had at Bayern.

That's why it's called wanting a new challenge. Cause the Bayernliga sure as hell isn't one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thats part of why we'll probably need some kind of super league at some point. Club football in Italy and France isn't in great shape either. Don't know how Spain is outside of Madrid and Barca, but the only country where it seems to be thriving in the current system is England.

The EPL has advantages that other leagues don't have: Ease of the English language, friendlier business environment and more open to foreign investors, well-known brands and competitive teams. I think the other leagues don't even dream about catching up to the EPL, they just want to make sure the gap between them is not getting even larger. That's why leagues such as La Liga and Ligue 1 have done deals with CVC, which in my opinion the right thing to do. Bundesliga is also looking for a fund to sell part of their TV rights to. For Bundesliga in particular, they probably have the best domestic fans of any leagues however their lack of competition and hostility to business and investors are kind of a double-whammy that will stifle their long-term growth, in my opinion.

topt

Bayern the perennial league winner is good news for me, as interest from overseas market on Bundesliga will keep dwindling, or at least make it grow at a slower rate than other leagues. That is great news for me.

Bayern the money club already sensed the crisis, pushing DFL to move German Super Cup to be held in a foreign country and wanting the league to abolish 50+1.

Bayern top guys were always against 50+1; also if I was you I would be more scared about La Liga numbers

topt

Yeah, they are always in the mix. But I have rarely seen a team so often in the mix with so few actual legit wins. :lol:

They won 3 CLs since I became aware football exists.

One in pens. One in the last minute. And a covid slimmed down one. :lol: Against Valencia, Dortmund, and PSG.

ha ha, now do all the finals they lost in strange circumstances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern top guys were always against 50+1; also if I was you I would be more scared about La Liga numbers

I know bayern has been for abolishing 50+1 for years, but it is not going to be that easy. Bayern is just one vote on this.

Why should I be scared about La Liga's numbers? Despite Tebas' obsession with harsh financial controls, they do help clubs stay financially healthier and more sustainable I have to say, plus they have done many things right to promote and strengthen La Liga.

topt

I know bayern has been for abolishing 50+1 for years, but it is not going to be that easy. Bayern is just one vote on this.

Why should I be scared about La Liga's numbers? Despite Tebas' obsession with harsh financial controls, they do help clubs stay financially healthier and more sustainable I have to say, plus they have done many things right to promote and strengthen La Liga.

well, last year was the first time I think ever that BL had more revenue than LL which is quite shocking based on the fact BL is not really competitive

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

OK, I thought you were talking about 20/21 season, when La Liga came back up again. Anyways, whether it is 19/20 or 20/21, it was during the peak of COVID, with all the norms out the window, I wouldn’t give too much significance to these numbers. La Liga had a much steeper declined because of COVID, mainly due to Barca of course. In a normal year, La Liga should finish ahead of Bundesliga comfortably revenue-wise.

The fact of the matter is, Bundesliga is becoming less and less appealing in overseas markets, even Kahn spoke about the drop in overseas TV money. There is only so much domestic German market it can tap into and exploit.

Home of Barca Fans