Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And Pep heaped praise on Kimmich later in an interview.

He always praises the players and the opponents. He struck me as not such a genuine person sometimes, just saying the right things.

By the way, I thought Kimmich did very well in this game, considering he is not a natural CB at all. His taking on of Reus was very good. This was only his fourth or fifth stint as a CB.

Last edited:

serghei

Yea, Pep is not that likeable anymore. I think he changed a bit after becoming a huge name in the coaching bussiness.

DennyCrane

Well, you can hug me all you want afterwards but I'd still be upset if you kinda slap in the face first in broad day light, just saying.

Well, it's the flipside of him being passionate about his job and the players. Pep probably didn't realize or even care that this looked like a telling-off when it really wasn't; Kimmich was outstanding after all. I mean, if Kimmich were an average talent with merely a one-time very good performance, this would not have happened. Since Pep sees an immense talent here, he makes sure that it's cultivated and this is his way off doing it. Granted, not very nice, but Pep's just kinda nuts that way.

Yannik

Pep probably didn't realize or even care that this looked like a telling-off when it really wasn't;

I don't think the public really perceived it as a telling-off. On facebook, reddit, youtube etc I've barely seen anyone thinking that Pep was pissed about Kimmich there, everyone seemed to agree that Pep just got really passionate about Kimmich there.
He praises a lot of people, not everything is really what he thinks. I don't think he wanted "1000 Dantes", but he just supported Dante when he was down. His affection for Kimmich however, does look pretty authentic, I wouldn't doubt for a second that Pep cares a lot about him.

Home of Barca Fans