User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bayern Munich

20 68.97%
  • Borussia Dortmund

7 24.14%
  • Schalke 04

0 0%
  • Leipzig

1 3.45%
  • Hannover 96

1 3.45%
Page 271 of 274 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4103

Thread: Bundesliga

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    German football is just a bad joke at this point.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern's dominance is stunning. The way they run the club... I just envy the success and stability they have in the last 10 years. Transition doesn't exist at Bayern - Robben and Ribery are long gone, but they play even better with new generation of players.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    Bayern's dominance is stunning. The way they run the club... I just envy the success and stability they have in the last 10 years. Transition doesn't exist at Bayern - Robben and Ribery are long gone, but they play even better with new generation of players.
    We had a similar (better) stretch of domestic and European dominance from 2006 to 2015 with 2 (maybe 3) generations of players. 6 LL and 4 CL in those 10 years in far stiffer competition.

But our model was star driven, while theirs is driven by the collective (inferior peak success but also much better lean periods).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    It seems that we as a nation have completely given up and just bend to their will. The biggest talking point about our 2nd best team is where Haaland will play next year ffs.

Bayern is truly the first state-backed football club.
    (I know it's a bit of a shit take, but there's an air of hopelessness around German football)

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    We had a similar (better) stretch of domestic and European dominance from 2006 to 2015 with 2 (maybe 3) generations of players. 6 LL and 4 CL in those 10 years in far stiffer competition.

But our model was star driven, while theirs is driven by the collective (inferior peak success but also much better lean periods).
    Bayern are ruthless. I remember them firing Ancelotti (world-class manager arguably) after 1 embarrassing loss in CL groups, 0-3 at PSG. I mean they just don't take any shit, and are very quick to cut off the non-performing parts.

They bench their legends very fast. Muller was going through a bad period a while ago, and he was moved on the bench just like that. Being ruthless and focused only on performance is a good way to make sure you don't end up with pampered lazy legends.
    Last edited by serghei; 17th October 2021 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Bayern are ruthless. I remember them firing Ancelotti (world-class manager arguably) after 1 embarrassing loss in CL groups, 0-3 at PSG. I mean they just don't take any shit, and are very quick to cut off the non-performing parts.

They bench their legends very fast. Muller was going through a bad period a while ago, and he was moved on the bench just like that. Being ruthless and focused only on performance is a good way to make sure you don't end up with pampered lazy legends.
    M?ller was not benched in a bad spell of him. He was benched because Kovac wanted to power play and the club brought in that Barcelona loan. A no. 10 as so called bargain when they could not get Sane. That was the end of Kovac... - M?ller was key man again under Flick and second coach - and they won the CL.

Already in Pep's second year because of injuries the balance shifted from Robben and Ribery to Lewy and M?ller. After that it was a coexistence until they retired with the young wingers getting more important.
    Last edited by Donauwelle; 17th October 2021 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    It seems that we as a nation have completely given up and just bend to their will. The biggest talking point about our 2nd best team is where Haaland will play next year ffs.
    With all due respect to Haaland's talent, I think Dortmund are running some sort of scam. No player they have sold has prospered at another club. Except for Lewandowski or Pulisic, who's not established at Chelsea still. Sancho is complete shit at Man Utd, totally not worth the transfer fee, Dembele is a wheelchair player, Kagawa was benched as soon as he arrived in Manchester, that Kinder chocolate face kid who scored the winning goal at 2014 WC final (can't even remember his name right now) went to have a meteoric fall after his transfer to Bayern. Alexander Isak is stuck forever at Sociedad, Aubameyang didn't become the next Henry for Arsenal and finally Henrikh Mkhitaryan...

This is a joke theory of mine just to have a good laugh with friends, but I believe there is some truth in that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubameyang did already at first in the PL, was topscorer once, plus he was already nearing the end of his prime when he left.

Though i agree, the Bundesliga is a very open league where almost all the teams want to attack and don't know how to defend properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G?tze was not bad at Bayern, he just was not the wonderkid he was hyped to be from the BVB fans and the media. But there is a lot youngsters that are hyped and only a handful develops further.

G?ndogan at City is fine, too. But he already showed that at Nuremberg and only had his injury problems.

But yes, shining for Dortmund does not mean that you do that in other systems.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern is loosing 0-3 to Gladbach, its half time now (DFB cup). Lewa is playing. @Rassvet @Hardy @KingLeo10 - good day for Leo ?

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One time Bayern is having a mare and it is the German Cup. So it's not really a big deal.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were they not pumped out cup by some lower league team last year as well?

Sure I remember a penalty shoot out in the pishing snow.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Bayern is loosing 0-3 to Gladbach, its half time now (DFB cup). Lewa is playing. @Rassvet @Hardy @KingLeo10 - good day for Leo ?
    doesn't matter, voting is closed

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Were they not pumped out cup by some lower league team last year as well?

Sure I remember a penalty shoot out in the pishing snow.
    yeaaah against Holstein kiel

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    doesn't matter, voting is closed
    yeah i forgotten

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-0 Gladbach now lol