Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Leipzig is a different model. Of the shares of RasenBallsport Leipzig GmbH, 99 % belong to Red Bull and 1 % to the RasenBallsport Leipzig e. V. (the actual club and the members). Yet, on voting rights, at least 51 % belong to RasenBallsport Leipzig e. V.. The club itself has about 20 (!) members, membership is closed and has to be validated via a honorary council. Guess who that consists of :lol:

It's absurd alright, although legal and in complete compliance with 50+1, crazy as that is.

How does that work though? I mean, how do they explain or justify the fact that RasenBallsport Leipzig e. V. has 51% of the voting rights even though it is essentially a minority owner of the club, from a practical and legal perspective?

I am thinking other clubs or entities could exploit this precedent/loophole set by RB Leipzig and just copy it to circumvent the 50+1 rule. Of course, this trick is probably impossible to be pulled on existing clubs, but some German or foreign billionaire or entity could form a new club just like that, right?

DennyCrane

How does that work though? I mean, how do they explain or justify the fact that RasenBallsport Leipzig e. V. has 51% of the voting rights even though it is essentially a minority owner of the club, from a practical and legal perspective?

I am thinking other clubs or entities could exploit this precedent/loophole set by RB Leipzig and just copy it to circumvent the 50+1 rule. Of course, this trick is probably impossible to be pulled on existing clubs, but some German or foreign billionaire or entity could form a new club just like that, right?

In general, in a GmbH, every € in business shares grants one vote. However in german corporate law, so called non-voting membership is possible in a GmbH, plus you can assign multiple voting rights to members of the GmbH irrespective of their business share, which boils down to the same idea really. This possibility is highly controversial in corporate law. But, the only way to bring this system to a judicial review is for a member to sue; which is why members are hand-picked, so that will never happen.

Turning an existing club upside down this way, is legally possible but not in practice. But yes, you could form a new club this way and you don't have to found it even, you just buy a so called shelf company and rename it. RB did this too, the GmbH was formerly called "Erste OHU Verm?gensverwaltung GmbH" (an asset management firm); and to found the e.V. (the club) you need 7 people to found it, and after it's registered in the "club register", 3 members to run it. No problem at all. You would however have to start in the lowest division.

Last edited:

FC433

Excited for the start of the league (as usual and lose interest as the season progresses). Aside from their RB, Munich are playing their best 11.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When did they start playing German national anthem before Bundesliga games? I didn't recall seeing that often before.

Very Amerikanische to me.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Gladbach fucked up two clear chances in 5 minutes. :facepalm:

Borussia Park looks almost full, I thought they only allowed up to 25,000 fans??

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i noticed you have big knowledge about bundesliga, is there a team which you support?

I used to like Dortmund, but they became very annoying as they always capitulated to Bayern. I'd say in the first division my favorite is Gladbach. In 2.Bundesliga my favorite is St. Pauli while in 3.Bundesliga my favorite is TSV 1860 Munchen. :p

Home of Barca Fans