Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

DennyCrane

Schalke are shockingly bad here. Mönchengladbach should be up by a few by now.
Basing an opinion on just one match is silly, I know, but Sané looks nowhere as good as his price tag demands. Terrible.

Over the last few weeks Sané had performances ranging from mediocre to godawful. His passing is sloppy and imprecise and he lacks vision, although he could just be selfish as well; you can't really tell with this guy.

I don't think all that has a lot to do with him as a player though and more with his environment, too much hype and lack of guidance and experience. A rough diamond, if you will. In any case, buying this player would be a gamble and he's indeed nowhere near the net worth circulated by the media.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Over the last few weeks Sané had performances ranging from mediocre to godawful. His passing is sloppy and imprecise and he lacks vision, although he could just be selfish as well; you can't really tell with this guy.

I don't think all that has a lot to do with him as a player though and more with his environment, too much hype and lack of guidance and experience. A rough diamond, if you will. In any case, buying this player would be a gamble and he's indeed nowhere near the net worth circulated by the media.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up his performance last night, coupled with some terrible decision making.

What's your take on Andreas Christensen - do you think he could make it big?

DennyCrane

Yeah, that pretty much sums up his performance last night, coupled with some terrible decision making.

What's your take on Andreas Christensen - do you think he could make it big?

Yes, without a doubt, and to be honest I'm amazed by this player and I don't say that very often. He's very good on a technical level and has a healthy physicality to his game as well. Few mistakes here and there, but that's to be expected from such a young player. Other than that, I'm hard pressed to name another player who exuded such calmness and routine at such a young age. Obviously, he's still in development and a lot can happen from here on out but the basics are all there.

Barca should keep a close eye on him as far as I'm concerned. He'll be a guarenteed Gladbach player till 2017, which is good since that gives Chelski no opportunity to run him into the ground. After that, if I had to decide here and now, he wears blaugrana from that point onward. I'm thoroughly convinced that Barca could shape this player to be world-class format in three years or less.

DrPepper

Referee of the HSV - Hoffenheim match has had a shocker so far.

Gives only a yellow to the HSV keeper for a professional foul, awards Hoffenheim an indirect free kick for a backpass that probably wasn't and tops it off with gifting Hamburg a penalty for a non-existant handball. All that in just 30 mins.

Video evidence pls.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Buyern is really vulnerable in counters. Almost every opportunity the opponent has, albeit very few, has a chance to score.

They are definitely beatable.

Trickykid

Yes, without a doubt, and to be honest I'm amazed by this player and I don't say that very often. He's very good on a technical level and has a healthy physicality to his game as well. Few mistakes here and there, but that's to be expected from such a young player. Other than that, I'm hard pressed to name another player who exuded such calmness and routine at such a young age. Obviously, he's still in development and a lot can happen from here on out but the basics are all there.

Barca should keep a close eye on him as far as I'm concerned. He'll be a guarenteed Gladbach player till 2017, which is good since that gives Chelski no opportunity to run him into the ground. After that, if I had to decide here and now, he wears blaugrana from that point onward. I'm thoroughly convinced that Barca could shape this player to be world-class format in three years or less.

Glad you like him as well.
I've watched him a lot this season, and his development under Schubert has been incredible. His rough start and subsequently benching by Favre could've easily knocked out a young talent like that. I think it says a lot about his mental strenght.

To think that he - prior to joining Mönchengladbach - was close to go back to childhood club Brøndby on loan, is mind-boggling. It'll be seriously interesting to see how Chelsea handles his future now that he's blossoming and the footballing world has eyes on him.

Yannik

as long as the difference between 1 and 2 is just 5 points, it's stilla title race going on.
BVB looks less likely to drop points at the moment, they're outplaying everyone. Bayern might slip once, maybe then also a 2nd time because of nervousity

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
as long as the difference between 1 and 2 is just 5 points, it's stilla title race going on.
BVB looks less likely to drop points at the moment, they're outplaying everyone. Bayern might slip once, maybe then also a 2nd time because of nervousity

Don't see it happening. Looking at their schedules, none has particularly hard league games; however considering the fact that BVB will have to prepare for two very hard EL quarter-finals against Liverpool and one relatively tough Pokal semi-final away against Hertha, BVB's league form might take a toll.

Bayern is cruising. All easy games until the CL semi-finals.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Aha, I missed the game against Hamburg completely, that game is going to be tough for BVB since they have not beaten HSV since September 2013!

:rolleyes:

Zuza66

Don't see it happening. Looking at their schedules, none has particularly hard league games; however considering the fact that BVB will have to prepare for two very hard EL quarter-finals against Liverpool and one relatively tough Pokal semi-final away against Hertha, BVB's league form might take a toll.

Bayern is cruising. All easy games until the CL semi-finals.

Games against Gladbach are never easy games for Bayern. Might drop points against Hertha too. It's an away game, and a scoreless draw is entirely possible.

Home of Barca Fans