Semifinal: Brasil - Germany 1-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Germany are big favourites(despite the home support for Brazil) IMO. Brazil without their arguably best defender and leader and without Neymar are gonna need all their players to really step up, especially Fred, if they want to go through.

I have a feeling Scolari will park the bus though and try to get in a goal through a corner or FK.

Die Bayern

Höwedes has started every match so far, there is no way Durm would get the nod ahead of him in a semi-final. Sad, but it is what it is. I would have loved to see Durm play, hate the sight of Höwedes at LB to be honest.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I hope the brazilian crowd makes germans intimidated

You talk about players who are used to CL knockout matches and even CL finals, who are used to hateful audiences in Dortmund or Gelsenkirchen, who are used to the crowds in the EPL. So not to burst your bubble, but them being intimidated is most likely not going to happen.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
You talk about players who are used to CL knockout matches and even CL finals, who are used to hateful audiences in Dortmund or Gelsenkirchen, who are used to the crowds in the EPL. So not to burst your bubble, but them being intimidated is most likely not going to happen.

but hey might choke :pep:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Jup. Arguably with the best overall potential at his disposal, yet he fell short over and over again due to his own limitations.
Of course there are more reasons why to get rid of him, but I don't want to start another Löw is good/shit because... discussion. Had those way too often and getting tired of em. But the above reason is ofc the most obvious argument to hold against him.
But who knows, maybe he'll finally redeems himself. Brazil a farcry of the Brazil of the glory days and then the Dutch in the final... no Italian or Spanish nemesis for him. If not this time, he'll never make it. Was prolly never as easy as this time to win the WC, shitty climate aside.

NeyMesSis

Jup. Arguably with the best overall potential at his disposal, yet he fell short over and over again due to his own limitations.
Of course there are more reasons why to get rid of him, but I don't want to start another Löw is good/shit because... discussion. Had those way too often and getting tired of em. But the above reason is ofc the most obvious argument to hold against him.
But who knows, maybe he'll finally redeems himself. Brazil a farcry of the Brazil of the glory days and then the Dutch in the final... no Italian or Spanish nemesis for him. If not this time, he'll never make it. Was prolly never as easy as this time to win the WC, shitty climate aside.

lol yeah becausw of this many titelcandidates were even out in the groupstage

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

so you think Argentina has no chance of making it to the Final?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

so you think Argentina has no chance of making it to the Final?

No, they don't.
Holland is too strong, with to good a form and Argentina never looked even close to "impressive" in any of their matches. The whole team doesn't seem like it ever clicked. Also their coach is shit, while van Gaal is a genius. Di Maria is out. Messi alone will not be enough.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

1st match was pathetic, no link between the strikers and midfield at all (was there even a midfield? not sure). Then he was "convinced" by the players to change tactics and formation. Then there were other occasions were guys like Lavezzi clearly indicated they had no respect at all for him.
Compare that to "I got balls" van Gaal. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans