FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Messi983

Game is starting in 15 minutes.

FCIxL91XoAIDqL2

Anyone know where to watch it? Don't think it's on Barca TV.

Messi983

Didn't watch the game but another thing to point out is that players like Gavi, Fati and Nico would all still be eligible to play for this team.

JamDav1982

Didn't watch the game but another thing to point out is that players like Gavi, Fati and Nico would all still be eligible to play for this team.

Nico is too old.

But in terms of players that are within the age to still play if were in Juvenile A team would be Balde, Gavi, Pedri, Demir and Fati and Ilaix as well had he not left.

khaled_a_d

Nico is too old.

But in terms of players that are within the age to still play if were in Juvenile A team would be Balde, Gavi, Pedri, Demir and Fati and Ilaix as well had he not left.

I think it is by year of birth, which puts the like of Nico, Fati and Pedri at same category. All born in 2002.

Porque

And that Kiev were basically scoring with the advantage of their height but they are a very competitive side nevertheless

True. Same thing happened in the Benfica game to this Barca side after going a man down. Physically this team struggles alot, although they have talented technical individuals.

This Kiev side put 4 past Bayern (x2), Barca and Benfica so they are a very good side in this tournament. They should be making a push for the Cup.

Messi983

Nico is too old.

Don't know, I've read it here that players born in 2002 could be eligible to play

Players are eligible to play in the competition if they were born on or after 1 January 2003.

Exceptionally, up to five players born on or after 1 January 2002 may be included on the list of 40 players, provided the following criteria are fulfilled:

The player has been eligible to play for the club concerned without interruption for the two years immediately preceding 14 September 2021, or has been eligible to play for the club concerned for two of the three years immediately preceding 14 September 2021 and registered with a maximum of one other club from the same association for an uninterrupted period of up to one year for the other one.

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regula...League-2021/22/Article-36-Player-lists-Online

So I think all of homegrown kids would fit into that criteria but Pedri wouldn't as he's not at the club long enough. Demir could play though as he's born in 2003.

Anyway, my point was that the best U19 players we have at the club who could potentially play in the UYL are already getting regular minutes for the first team. Players currently in Juvenil A are either less talented (or not as developed yet) or younger ones. Likes of Diego Almeida, Aleix Garrido, Ilias Akhomach, Victor Barbera who all started yesterday are only 17 (born in 2004) so could still play UYL next season if some of them won't establish themselves at Barca B or potentially first team before that. Angel Alarcon (currently injured) and Fabian Luzzi as well.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Honestly, results should never be the main concern of youth teams anyway. Those teams has what?18-20 players each couple of years, even if 1 of those makes the 1st team and another reach 1st team football in his early career, it is big success.

Barca fans, and probably all academy obsesses fans, usually focus too much on their academy rather than looking around, and end up hyping 10 players of each team we have.

Look at the 1st time we won that youth CL. It was generation 1995/1996 and were dominant, taking one draw and win the rest, scoring 31 and conceding 9 during 10 games.
Here is a look at the finals:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/sl-be...barcelona-uefa-u19/index/spielbericht/2452946
Quintilla, Godswill, Ondoa, Adama, Munir were all really hyped from that team, in addition to Sanabria, Samper & Sandro (already in B team) and Kaptoum (iirc he was injured)
To lesser extent the likes of Palancia & Maxi Rolon were hyped too.

Now, Ondoa & Maxi Rolon are without a club, Quintilla and Palencia playing in segunda, Godswill is in Sweden, Kaptoum MLS, Samper in Japan.
Sanabria, Sandro & Munir are journeymen in top flight and only Sanabria was sold for real money (around 5M)
Adama is the top of the crop, and he is a midtable player in EPL, he was sold for 10M and took him few years and 3 clubs to find his groove.
So, all what we benefited from this team was around 15M.

The 18-19 season OTOH wasn't nearly as good:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-barcelona-uefa-u19_chelsea-fc-uefa-u19/index/spielbericht/3173947

But it gave us Nico, Mingueza, Fati in addition to the likes of Monchu, Miranda and Konrad who made it to 1st division football.

For our future, I prefer that 2019 generation

Bobo32

Yeah this was Messi-like, a really nice goal, but come on, a 7yo!

I am ashamed to really have high hopes on that czech guy, 11-12 years old I think, but at 7 you really cannot tell anything!

Home of Barca Fans