FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Porque

Assume he was rested along with Valle. Lopez may have wanted to give a start to a couple of the defenders he is working with and looking good at Juvenil A perhaps.

Chadi is looking excellent under Marquez. The pair would have made a big difference today imo.

Wambo

A bit of off-topic. I was looking back at old Barca squads and got reminded of names that I haven't heard in years. Specifically former La Masia attendants and Barcelona B players like Cuenca, Deulofeu, Bartra, Tello, Montaya, etc. who all got introduced in the A team around the same time in 2010-2011. So what was it about this period and this generation that failed miserably? Only S. Roberto somehow survived from this generation. And why did we wait 10 years for an academy revival attempt in the form of Pedro, Gavi?

Catta

We had the greatest team ever in that period. We could afford to give chances to almost every masia player without risking to much result wise.

As soon as we started to drop in quality, the risk to give youth players chances grew. We couldn't afford to risk dropping points anymore.

Now we are broke because of Barto, so giving youth a chance was our only option, and we got lucky with many players proving to be quality.

Bobo32

A bit of off-topic. I was looking back at old Barca squads and got reminded of names that I haven't heard in years. Specifically former La Masia attendants and Barcelona B players like Cuenca, Deulofeu, Bartra, Tello, Montaya, etc. who all got introduced in the A team around the same time in 2010-2011. So what was it about this period and this generation that failed miserably? Only S. Roberto somehow survived from this generation. And why did we wait 10 years for an academy revival attempt in the form of Pedro, Gavi?

They were never stars these players, but perfect squad players (Deulofeu was a very bad "star player").
You see better cantera players than these succeeding all around Europe, neglected in Barcelona because the team and the club went away from its roots. Some are bought back or rumored back for large sums. There were however also a lot of academy players since 2011 who got as much playing time as those you mention.

"Pedro" is not an academy player, and Gavi is a special talent, like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Thiago, Puig. They arrive now and then.

Messi983

Playing against Inter right now, Chadi Riad with a great header!

FeOf_cbXkAca-1a

And Bayern have lost at home against Viktoria conceding goals in 87. and 91. minute.

Andresito

Staff member
Anybody watched UYL at Miniestadi/Estadi Johan Cruyff? Tickets are free and anyone can enter right? If so, where do you collect tickets?

Home of Barca Fans