FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anybody watched UYL at Miniestadi/Estadi Johan Cruyff? Tickets are free and anyone can enter right? If so, where do you collect tickets?

I think you can pop into the OAB office and ask them, if you happen to be in the area. Or just e-mail them or call them.

Messi983

Still too early to judge kids like Iker Bravo or Aznou but safe to say that most of those who have left and never returned (so obviously excluding likes of Pique and Alba) never had quality to make it here. Ofc it would help if we would actually sell instead of letting most of them go for free but OTOH mostly they left when club was still in a good financial situation so getting a few more millions in the bank back then wouldn't help us all that much right now.

Olmo (who could still return some day), Icardi and maybe Onana made the best careers outside of Barca alongside Cesc who was great at Arsenal but not so good when he returned. Jury is also still out on Sergio Gomez but I doubt he'll become a starter at City and with Balde now fully established it's not like we urgently need another young LB.

khaled_a_d

Still too early to judge kids like Iker Bravo or Aznou but safe to say that most of those who have left and never returned (so obviously excluding likes of Pique and Alba) never had quality to make it here. Ofc it would help if we would actually sell instead of letting most of them go for free but OTOH mostly they left when club was still in a good financial situation so getting a few more millions in the bank back then wouldn't help us all that much right now.

Olmo (who could still return some day), Icardi and maybe Onana made the best careers outside of Barca alongside Cesc who was great at Arsenal but not so good when he returned. Jury is also still out on Sergio Gomez but I doubt he'll become a starter at City and with Balde now fully established it's not like we urgently need another young LB.

The worst one is Pablo Moreno tbh.
I would say plenty of them did well for themselves and would have at least got a promotion to 1st team but wouldn't be a starter here, guys like Bellerin, Balde etc.
Some simply needed that extra moves to develop, Gomez is prime example as it was that move to Anderlecht that finally made his career since he became a LB there. Xavi Simons, Olmo and maybe Moriba too. All had to experience some sort of humbling experiences before reaching good heights. Don't think any of them would be world class player, but probably will get a good career.

Overall not a bad list of La Masia graduates

jamrock

Roman with a two yellows within 15 minutes of coming on, game over for us.

Should have won the game in the first half, then that wonder goal put us behind.

We're done.

Porque

Didn't see the game. Saw we flopped.

Shame, this was a good group and looked like one of the top teams in the tournament.

jamrock

I wonder how the game against real went, AZ weren't better than Barcelona in our game, first half we were much better didn't take our chances, 2nd half a wonder goal and a series of mistakes cost us.

JamDav1982

Barca were poor v AZ.

Had a decent 15/20 minute spell in firs half after AZ could have been ahead.

Likes of Ilais/Barbera/Rodriguez were shocking and only really Lamine showed glimpses. Chadi was ok too despite conceding three.

Then went behind and fell apart.

A badly coached side that lacked quality.

Probably missed Alacron and his runs in behind but still not great.

Alex Valle also as the LB was beyond shite.

Home of Barca Fans