FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Porque

These are the B team players who will start the pre-season with the A team.

I?aki Pe?a, Arnau Tenas, Alejandro Balde, Nico Gonz?lez y ?lex Collado

Kays-Ruiz, Gavi, Arnau Comas and possibly Ilias.

Messi983

Iker Bravo (16) has joined the Bayer 04 youth academy from FC Barcelona!

I've never watched him but he was apparently one of our biggest attacking talents.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Meh, all the promising u-18 kids that left since 2012 or so didn't really amount to much.

I read that he left because he was offered a place at Juvenil B and not Juvenil A. Honestly don't get why any of the talented youngsters would want to leave right now. The path to the first team is easiest in years due to the crisis and rebuild, especially for Iker Bravo, who I read was our best "number 9" talent, due to the lack of a long-term CF in the squad. Even Abel Ruiz would be getting some playing time had he stayed.

Bobo32

Meh, all the promising u-18 kids that left since 2012 or so didn't really amount to much.

I read that he left because he was offered a place at Juvenil B and not Juvenil A. Honestly don't get why any of the talented youngsters would want to leave right now. The path to the first team is easiest in years due to the crisis and rebuild, especially for Iker Bravo, who I read was our best "number 9" talent, due to the lack of a long-term CF in the squad. Even Abel Ruiz would be getting some playing time had he stayed.

There are some playing well in the olympics right now? Olmo and Garcia... Grimaldo, Morey were about that age when they went too?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
There are some playing well in the olympics right now? Olmo and Garcia... Grimaldo, Morey were about that age when they went too?

Grimaldo and Morey (for now) are mediocre players at best. Olmo is the one who "got away" but I don't rate him very much. Garcia came back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Grimaldo is turning 26 this year and still in Benfica. Six years since he left Barcelona. With the dearth of good FBs around Europe you'd expect him to at least take the next step if he really was that good.

I like him, but he's kinda like a worse version of Raphael Guerreiro.

Morey was hyped a lot, but whenever I watched BVB for Haaland and he played he looked very average without any outstanding qualities.

Olmo is decent, but he's a tough player to fit into a set system. Don't rate him that highly.

serghei

The only one we missed was Thiago, and this only for about 2-3 years after Busi and Rakitic declined a lot, about 2017-2020. Now Thiago is washed up and we have Pedri.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And Thiago left while he was a 1st team player.

None of these kids that left us did well. Some of them made some terrible career decisions. Like Pablo Moreno who went to Juventus who might just have the absolute worst academy of any top team. Almost all of their Italian talent is farmed through other teams.

serghei

Don't know about that Xavi guy with curly hair that debuted for PSG last season, if he's any good. Heard he did well in the first game.

Bobo32

Point is that there are players that amount to something elsewhere.
No club will ever deliver a Messi, a Neymar, a Verratti, a Haaland etc every other year. Barcelona never did.
Thiago, Angelino, Grimaldo, Rafinha, Morey, Olmo, Garcia, etc etc is very well - all these players have played in the KO stages of europeans cups if I'm not mistaken - most of them not for Barcelona but for other clubs...
La masia works well and brings talent still, but Barcelona A has relied too much on bringing mediocre players with big names from elsewhere since 2010. Most of the homegrown players would have it easier to succeed in a system that they were already developed for.

Home of Barca Fans