Memphis Depay

wisconsincule

Blah blah blah. We have no money for quick players. If he flops he flops. We had no other options. No quick players are available for free.

Givenchy

Depay like Messi and Griezmann need to be the main threat who gets the ball and gets to create and becausr of the risky style lose posession.
Griezmann suffers because of this reason since Messi is our player to do that and he isnt better than Messi. So what does a poor man's Griezmann add to this team then?

We need quick runners that can get behind the defence on a pass.
Not a player that drops deep as well, isnt quick nor has a high workrate and loses posession so we get wrecked on counters.

Therefore other than being free I dont get the transfer.
I also dont see him humbling himself and keep it simple in a finishers role because of his cr7 type ego.
Therefore the guy is way more suited for a tier 2 type team in a top 5 league where he gets freedom to be the starplayer.

All in all im pessimistic about it but good luck nontheless and hopefully he will add more than expected.

He flopped at United, this is probably his last chance at a top club so I'm hopeful he has the right attitude at least.

I can't say much for his personality or ego but hopefully he has some hunger and fire in him, I'm tired of watching our choir boys with zero personality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Memphis seem to be well liked by his team mates in the Dutch NT and he's grown up from his Man Utd days where he was quite arrogant and seemingly immature.

Griezmann is a better player than him, but Memphis is more versatile which will help him. I also think he'll work really hard given the contract length he went for. He's really betting on himself here and this is what he's worked for ever since his Man Utd move failed.

To get a second chance for a big club.

I'm not saying he'll be World Class or great for us. He is what he is. Going to be solid. Especially given he came for relatively low wages compared to most of the team and for free.

Allows us to move on from Dembele or Griezmann and go all-in for a Haaland or Lukaku next summer if our finances allow it. Might even allow us to make a bet on a young winger too if we get rid of OD.

Messigician

A list of the players in Europe's top 5 leagues to have achieved 40 goals & 40 assists or more since January 2017 - via @1DavidWall:

Lionel Messi
Memphis Depay

Scary sruff

Home of Barca Fans