User Tag List

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,066 to 1,078 of 1078

Thread: Memphis Depay

  1. #1066
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14,315
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be our Arjen Robben.
    Puyol #5

  2. #1067
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Only serious argument against Depay is that we have to many players occupying CAM, SS position.

    If Coutinho goes, I don't mind having Depay giving competition to Griezman, and rotate a 35yr old Messi.

    No one who is sane would mind that.
    But reality turns upside down at Barca Forum just to defend personal biases
    What "serious" argument do you bring forward in this post?

    Please explain what Barcelona would gain by signing Depay. What would he bring, that another player couldn't do?
    It would be interesting if you could point to some video or something, showing the aspects of his play that could be succesfully brought to Barcelona.

  3. #1068
    Senior Member
    wisconsincule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post

    Please explain what Barcelona would gain by signing Depay. What would he bring, that another player couldn't do?
    It would be interesting if you could point to some video.

  4. #1069
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,777
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will bring more than Coutinho, Dembele and Braithwaite combined. On a free will be a great addition, can become for Fati, what Giuly was for Messi.

    A great stop-gap until Fati gets over his injuries.

  5. #1070
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,541
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have no forwards (except Fati), who are comfortable in spaces on the left. Thats argument enough for me. Unless you are a Neymar cuck and want him to join, which would change our situation.

    Comparisons to Messi, Griezmann or Coutinho are quite terrible by the way. Completely different player.

  6. #1071
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,892
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    What "serious" argument do you bring forward in this post?

    Please explain what Barcelona would gain by signing Depay. What would he bring, that another player couldn't do?
    It would be interesting if you could point to some video or something, showing the aspects of his play that could be succesfully brought to Barcelona.
    What mc_lovin says above.
    Plus, better than Coutinho when played on the left halfspace
    Xavi's Cups

  7. #1072
    Senior Member
    fergus90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimately he's free and will improve the squad, so low-risk potential high reward.

  8. #1073
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,056
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is decent at timing runs in behind defence.

    That alone is an improvement on options up top for Barca.

    Dembele can but cant finish.

    Brings plenty that other players dont as an option.

  9. #1074
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    6,853
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    He is decent at timing runs in behind defence.

    That alone is an improvement on options up top for Barca.

    Dembele can but cant finish.

    Brings plenty that other players dont as an option.
    I didnt see many lyon matches but everytime when i saw him he had also a bad finishing.....
    #TeamPuig

  10. #1075
    Senior Member
    fergus90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't a 'top class' finisher no but he does get goals and is creative. He plays with a bit of arrogance/swagger too which is something we've missed for a while.

  11. #1076
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    We have no forwards (except Fati), who are comfortable in spaces on the left. Thats argument enough for me. Unless you are a Neymar cuck and want him to join, which would change our situation.

    Comparisons to Messi, Griezmann or Coutinho are quite terrible by the way. Completely different player.
    Yes Fati is probably the perfect player for LW.
    Griezmann and Coutinho are different types I agree, maybe Depay could be said to be somewhere in between them in terms of style?

    I say Depay is of worse quality than all of these three players. He is probably of higher quality than Braithwaite, but I don't know that he would be of more use to Barcelona tbh.

    He is comfortable on the left / left half space you say... I suspect it would be a bit like Porque said above, he would start off with some intensity, trying a few things, but more and more realize he is one of the least skilled players in the team and start to play very safely. Within a year everyone would see him as a sign of how low Barcelona have fallen.

  12. #1077
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,240
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    He will bring more than Coutinho, Dembele and Braithwaite combined. On a free will be a great addition, can become for Fati, what Giuly was for Messi.

    A great stop-gap until Fati gets over his injuries.
    I somehow doubt that, considering his finishing in open play is comparable to Dembeles.


    Not sure why you're even twerking for him, lad is Dutch not French.

  13. #1078
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,131
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    And Braithwaite was the best player in Leganes.

    Depay can't play with a 70% pass percentage in Barcelona, and he can't keep taking 3 shots per game from strange positions.
    If he changes his style completely and plays more securely, how much would he be able to create? Not much is my guess.
    Why the fuck are you even comparing passing percentages of players from different teams. Depay tries a lot of risky stuff because he is the playmaker at Lyon. I guarantee that his passing percentage will be far higher at Barca because we play more safely in general.