Memphis Depay

Bobo32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX__xhY0ozc

Watched a little bit of a compilation, to be more sure in my view of this player.
Shit!
Got through just a couple of minutes of him shooting poorly from distance, dribbling into crowds, falling, finishing poorly. Keep in mind this is him "destroying in 2021"
Weak vision, weak timing, average technique, annoying mentality (attempting Panenka penalties, receiving crosses like Neymar etc)

Maybe he did some more impressive stuff later in that video but I can't be arsed to watch. If someone has some footage of him being good then I might watch that. His stats as posted above aren't impressive.

vuji_31

He scored like 18 goals , and 15 of them are penaltys.

He is maybe better then Brauth , at the best case.

Braith at least just sits on the bench on the low wage, will this guy could create problems

behindbrowneyes

He has created the most chances in Ligue1 and is only second behind Bruno Fernandes in European top leagues.

People in here make him worse than he really is.

mc_lovin

Either way:

Right foot/Left foot
Ansu <--> Messi, Griezmann, Trincao, Dembele

The imbalance is shocking.

Edit: Heck, forgot Lord Braithwaite. Shame on me.

mc_lovin

Agreed, but he's just as good with his right foot as he is with his left. Scores more bangers with his right as well...

He still clearly carries the ball on his left side, which is the most important aspect. And makes him much better as a RW (for us). On the left he looks kind of tragic. You can see he doesnt feel comfortable there.

Bobo32

This player was not good enough for a struggling Manchester United to keep.
He has played five seasons for Lyon now, never acheiving a top 2 position in the french league. Last year they ended up at 7th.
I didn't watch them much, but I guess he is the star of their attack, able to play pretty freely...

As was evident by that video I posted above, he shoots when he is near the box. 3.05 shots per 90 minutes does he take, less than half of them on goal, and 0.12 finding the net. He is 71th in the french league in shot conversion.
He has a passing percentage that is 70.8% this season. This is the lowest in the Lyon squad, and he is 256th out of 298 players in Ligue 1 in this stat...

Home of Barca Fans