Memphis Depay

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Memphis Depay is set to join Barcelona this summer, as he has accepted a new, lower proposal from the Catalans. [rac1]

Think Aguero deal is off then.

All the "omfg if this player wasnt busy wasting time on instagram maybe hed be decent" folks are going to go insane with Depay if ever comes to Barcelona. It'd be fun to watch, no doubt.

Will be fine if he can do well off the bench/as a second option. If Koeman is gone at the end of the season we might not have to worry about him instilling him in the starting lineup because of his Dutch obsession.

serghei

Bring him in. Good player for free, AND a good reasonable salary? What's not to like here? If only we find somebody like that in defense.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we have to choose between Depay and Ageuro then yes, Depay by all means; at least he is younger, comes at lower salary and has a higher resale value.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bring him in. Good player for free, AND a good reasonable salary? What's not to like here? If only we find somebody like that in defense.

Maybe Gaya for LB.

For CB it's time to stop bargain hunting. Need to bring in a starter and someone who will be the best CB in the club.

mc_lovin

Lost all trust in Depay. Don't think he will adapt well to La Liga.

I think he will be okay, the light version of Benzema so to say. I am sure he would have been a starter for us this year, which is more than you can ask for considering hes free.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think he will be okay, the light version of Benzema so to say. I am sure he would have been a starter for us this year, which is more than you can ask for considering hes free.

Think Benzema is a much more intelligent player, but maybe that is what you refer to with 'light'. I think Depay is worth the shot considering there are no other options. Will have to wait and see how it works.

Bobo32

Benzema was crushing it at Lyon, a perfect 9 and it was evident there.

I don't get what there is to like with Depay. He is pretty fast and pretty technical, and he can potentially both score and make an assist now and then. I guess this is as far as the analysis goes for those who want him in. I have laid out a lot of negatives in the recent pages and maybe should not repeat myself too much.

But Barcelona already have a lot of players for the role, some young, and are in no need of this aging Man United reject with one penalty-doped good statistical season in a team challenging for the CL spots in France.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think he's a fantastic player but... he scores goals, he's a set piece expert, he's captain so has leadership qualities (something we lack). He also assists plenty. He's free and in his prime years.

Negatives...not as good as Haaland, Mbappe, Neymar + bunch of other forwards we can't afford to buy.

Exactly and we need squad depth too. Most likely we will sell Coutinho and Dembele.

Home of Barca Fans