Memphis Depay

kattanib

Wow at the comments of him doing ok. For a player to join us for free and for this to be his very first game with Barca he did exceptionally good. What are some of you guys hoping for? Signing a Ballon Dor candidate for free?

Zidane82

Attitude usually is more important that skill assuming skill wise the player is not horrible. Memphis was bullied when he was young and his celebration is all about shutting all the negative noise and channeling his energy positively .. compare that to crying Alba for example. Of course Memphis can be good for Barca just like Braithwaite is despite his lack of talent purely based on attitude

Edit: like Adriano, Pedri, Cuenca, Tello, ... etc attitude really matters even if your skills are not that amazing

You don?t rate Pedri as being skilful. ??

Bobo32

Wow at the comments of him doing ok. For a player to join us for free and for this to be his very first game with Barca he did exceptionally good. What are some of you guys hoping for? Signing a Ballon Dor candidate for free?

In a club desperate to reduce wages, anyone arriving should add something.
The reason I never wanted him was not because he would be terrible necessarily.
Being the first game looked to be a positive for him, but let's see about that. He had some good actions and some terrible. Koeman likes his style, I don't, but Koeman picks the team so let's see what he can do in his 'system'.

He doesn't even seem to look up when he is through on the flank or half space, but just hoof it in towards the goal...

kattanib

In a club desperate to reduce wages, anyone arriving should add something.
The reason I never wanted him was not because he would be terrible necessarily.
Being the first game looked to be a positive for him, but let's see about that. He had some good actions and some terrible. Koeman likes his style, I don't, but Koeman picks the team so let's see what he can do in his 'system'.

He doesn't even seem to look up when he is through on the flank or half space, but just hoof it in towards the goal...

He also seemed to want to do some fancy flicks instead just finishing which pretty much could be due to the game being a friendly

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Clear the player will add a lot to the attack, particularly if Ansu recovers well enough. Still find the player's antics cringeworthy, wish he would just get on with playing and save the theatrics for off the pitch

Nevertheless, as an attacker I think he will bring quite a bit

kattanib

Clear the player will add a lot to the attack, particularly if Ansu recovers well enough. Still find the player's antics cringeworthy, wish he would just get on with playing and save the theatrics for off the pitch

Nevertheless, as an attacker I think he will bring quite a bit

In all honesty an attack of Griezman, Depay, Fati and Pedri does not sound bad at all

Joan

Since we're trying to sign Messi for free and he's gonna win it... never say never.

Home of Barca Fans