User Tag List

Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1078

Thread: Memphis Depay

  1. #1036
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12,911
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    This player was not good enough for a struggling Manchester United to keep.
    He has played five seasons for Lyon now, never acheiving a top 2 position in the french league. Last year they ended up at 7th.
    I didn't watch them much, but I guess he is the star of their attack, able to play pretty freely...

    As was evident by that video I posted above, he shoots when he is near the box. 3.05 shots per 90 minutes does he take, less than half of them on goal, and 0.12 finding the net. He is 71th in the french league in shot conversion.
    He has a passing percentage that is 70.8% this season. This is the lowest in the Lyon squad, and he is 256th out of 298 players in Ligue 1 in this stat...
    Funny enough, Lukakus passing percentage is just a bit higher than that, still gets lots of assists though.
    Passing accuracy is important, but its always lower for those up front, if you put Memphis in CM, im sure he would automatically go up 10% in passing accuracy.

  2. #1037
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Funny enough, Lukakus passing percentage is just a bit higher than that, still gets lots of assists though.
    Passing accuracy is important, but its always lower for those up front, if you put Memphis in CM, im sure he would automatically go up 10% in passing accuracy.
    Which would still be almost 10% lower than Barcelonas current midfielders, and almost another 10% away from what I'd want from a midfielder.

    But Depay is not a midfielder obviously, he is a winger/attacker, playing for a contender in France, given a role where he seems to be free to do whatever he wants.
    The question is what role he would have in FC Barcelona, and what he could add from there.

    I do not look forward to him playing as he seems to be doing at Lyon. If someone is to miss passes and attempt shots, I'd prefer it be Messi...

  3. #1038
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    29,478
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    We don't need anymore chance creators.
    Yes we do. We only have Messi currently, who's on his last few years and not what he was. Depay is a fine player to be getting on a free transfer for a club in our position.

  4. #1039
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Yes we do. We only have Messi currently, who's on his last few years and not what he was. Depay is a fine player to be getting on a free transfer for a club in our position.
    Coutinho is there.
    What dire times ahead, to rely on Memphis Depay! Looking at some more stats at the moment, more and more depressing. Not even his highlight video was impressive, a moderately fast and moderately technical player given a free role in a pretty poor team from which he mostly fails but sometimes creates chances.

  5. #1040
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    29,478
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    Coutinho is there.
    What dire times ahead, to rely on Memphis Depay! Looking at some more stats at the moment, more and more depressing. Not even his highlight video was impressive, a moderately fast and moderately technical player given a free role in a pretty poor team from which he mostly fails but sometimes creates chances.
    Yea, well, with a team that had Depay as the best player, Lyon knocked out Juventus and City, which is far better than anything we did in CL since 2015. We are not in a position where we can pick and choose 'em, as if we are sitting on hundreds of millions we have to spend, and the world's best 5 players are lined up to sign for us.

    I think we actually signed 200m worth of players under Bartomeu and none of them is better than Depay . As a free player with a decent salary, I think we might be looking at the best deal we've made in years.
    Last edited by serghei; 4th May 2021 at 05:44 PM.

  6. #1041
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Yea, well, with a team that had Depay as the best player, Lyon knocked out Juventus and City, which is far better than anything we did in CL since 2015. We are not in a position where we can pick and choose 'em, as if we are sitting on hundreds of millions we have to spend, and the world's best 5 players are lined up to sign for us.

    I think we actually signed 200m worth of players under Bartomeu and none of them is better than Depay .

    This is revisionism. Lyon did not win those matches because of Depay, nor was he their best player.

  7. #1042
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    29,478
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    This is revisionism. Lyon did not win those matches because of Depay, nor was he their best player.
    Depay was the best player in that Lyon team. Of course, that team was not built on "savior" or "hero" players. And neither should Barca be in the next 2-3 years at least.

    Depay is the reasonable type of deal we can and should make. Guys like washed-up Aguero are the opposite.

  8. #1043
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Depay was the best player in that Lyon team. Of course, that team was not built on "savior" or "hero" players. And neither should Barca be in the next 2-3 years at least.

    Depay is the reasonable type of deal we can and should make. Guys like washed-up Aguero are the opposite.
    Cornet, Caqueret and M. Dembele were the standout players in that tie. Not Depay. lol

  9. #1044
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    29,478
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    Cornet, Caqueret and M. Dembele were the standout players in that tie. Not Depay. lol
    I'm talking in general. Depay is the best player of Lyon for me.

  10. #1045
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    I'm talking in general. Depay is the best player of Lyon for me.
    And Braithwaite was the best player in Leganes.

    Depay can't play with a 70% pass percentage in Barcelona, and he can't keep taking 3 shots per game from strange positions.
    If he changes his style completely and plays more securely, how much would he be able to create? Not much is my guess.

  11. #1046
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    I'm talking in general. Depay is the best player of Lyon for me.
    Doesn't matter. I just think it's funny you state Depay as their best player (even though I know you don't watch Lyon), and later on cite matches where he was either not involved in at all (one of the Juventus ties), or the ones where he wasn't even one of Lyon's top 5 performers, to justify your argument; you just assumed he was a key player for winning those ties lol.

  12. #1047
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    6,853
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Depay is a creative player, isnt he ? We need creative players and he is cheap so could buy him.
    #TeamPuig

  13. #1048
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    29,478
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys need to be a bit more realistic here, and realize the situation the club is in. Depay is too good of a player to pass on a free transfer with a decent salary. He's a pretty hard worker, creates, scores, is a starter for Nederlands as far as I know, and Lyon's best player, a team that actually played very well against some of Europe's best sides last year.

    Normally, you pay 35-40m. for a player like that who is also not 30, but in his prime.
    Last edited by serghei; 4th May 2021 at 06:01 PM.

  14. #1049
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    32,745
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    You guys need to be a bit more realistic here, and realize the situation the club is in. Depay is too good of a player to pass on a free transfer with a decent salary. He's a pretty hard worker, creates, scores, is a starter for Nederlands as far as I know, Lyon's best player.

    Normally, you pay 35-40m. for a player like that who is also not 30 but in his prime.
    Dortmund are dead set on not selling Haaland this summer so I wouldn't mind Neymar + Memphis as replacements for Coutinho and Dembele.


  15. #1050
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    29,478
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Dortmund are dead set on not selling Haaland this summer so I wouldn't mind Neymar + Memphis as replacements for Coutinho and Dembele.
    Pff, I'd bite your leg off for Depay, Neymar, Messi and Griezmann. As a front 3-4, depending on setup. That's a great mix of technique, talent, hard work. I'd ship and loan everybody else in offense and even AM to make room for that.