Memphis Depay

Bobo32

Only serious argument against Depay is that we have to many players occupying CAM, SS position.

If Coutinho goes, I don't mind having Depay giving competition to Griezman, and rotate a 35yr old Messi.

No one who is sane would mind that.
But reality turns upside down at Barca Forum just to defend personal biases

What "serious" argument do you bring forward in this post?

Please explain what Barcelona would gain by signing Depay. What would he bring, that another player couldn't do?
It would be interesting if you could point to some video or something, showing the aspects of his play that could be succesfully brought to Barcelona.

Catta

He will bring more than Coutinho, Dembele and Braithwaite combined. On a free will be a great addition, can become for Fati, what Giuly was for Messi.

A great stop-gap until Fati gets over his injuries.

mc_lovin

We have no forwards (except Fati), who are comfortable in spaces on the left. Thats argument enough for me. Unless you are a Neymar cuck and want him to join, which would change our situation.

Comparisons to Messi, Griezmann or Coutinho are quite terrible by the way. Completely different player.

Birdy

What "serious" argument do you bring forward in this post?

Please explain what Barcelona would gain by signing Depay. What would he bring, that another player couldn't do?
It would be interesting if you could point to some video or something, showing the aspects of his play that could be succesfully brought to Barcelona.

What mc_lovin says above.
Plus, better than Coutinho when played on the left halfspace

JamDav1982

He is decent at timing runs in behind defence.

That alone is an improvement on options up top for Barca.

Dembele can but cant finish.

Brings plenty that other players dont as an option.

fergus90

He isn't a 'top class' finisher no but he does get goals and is creative. He plays with a bit of arrogance/swagger too which is something we've missed for a while.

Bobo32

We have no forwards (except Fati), who are comfortable in spaces on the left. Thats argument enough for me. Unless you are a Neymar cuck and want him to join, which would change our situation.

Comparisons to Messi, Griezmann or Coutinho are quite terrible by the way. Completely different player.

Yes Fati is probably the perfect player for LW.
Griezmann and Coutinho are different types I agree, maybe Depay could be said to be somewhere in between them in terms of style?

I say Depay is of worse quality than all of these three players. He is probably of higher quality than Braithwaite, but I don't know that he would be of more use to Barcelona tbh.

He is comfortable on the left / left half space you say... I suspect it would be a bit like Porque said above, he would start off with some intensity, trying a few things, but more and more realize he is one of the least skilled players in the team and start to play very safely. Within a year everyone would see him as a sign of how low Barcelona have fallen.

Laplacian

He will bring more than Coutinho, Dembele and Braithwaite combined. On a free will be a great addition, can become for Fati, what Giuly was for Messi.

A great stop-gap until Fati gets over his injuries.

I somehow doubt that, considering his finishing in open play is comparable to Dembeles.

Not sure why you're even twerking for him, lad is Dutch not French.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
And Braithwaite was the best player in Leganes.

Depay can't play with a 70% pass percentage in Barcelona, and he can't keep taking 3 shots per game from strange positions.
If he changes his style completely and plays more securely, how much would he be able to create? Not much is my guess.

Why the fuck are you even comparing passing percentages of players from different teams. Depay tries a lot of risky stuff because he is the playmaker at Lyon. I guarantee that his passing percentage will be far higher at Barca because we play more safely in general.

mc_lovin

It looks like he is the only option we have for the attack. At least he should be an upgrade over Dembele.

Sport are still on the Haaland/Kane/Lautaro train.

But I dont think theres anything reliable about our current options. We arent even done on the management level yet. Feels more like Laporta keeps all his options warm (Depay, Kun, Haaland...).

Home of Barca Fans