Memphis Depay

serghei

Would be the best signing for us imo out of the ones we could realistically make considering our problems. Better than Wijnaldum. Upgrade over both Dembele and Griezmann in wide positions too.

Jakabor

Very good player to get on a free.

I do not get why some are against his signing. At worst he will be a quality sub and occasional starter on lower wages.

serghei

Very good player to get on a free.

I do not get why some are against his signing. At worst he will be a quality sub and occasional starter on lower wages.

Moaners or naive people who think we have a shot at the likes of Haaland and Mbappe. If we make an exercise in realism, signing Depay on a free with a good salary for the club and unloading some high earners is great business any way you slice or dice it.

serghei

The best thing we can do is bring Depay, extend Dembele for a lower wage, or sell him for a good fee, and selling Griezman for about 50m.

serghei

True. Definitely better than Dembele.

Oh, I'm over Demebele for good. Done waiting for him to resemble a professional footballer with his basic touches and passes. No way you should set such low standards for a Barca player in such basic aspects of play.

I'm actually hoping we sign some players like Werner, who maybe lack that panache but have all the basic tools in abundance. Like work rate, first touch, reliable service passing, ability to follow a tactical plan to the letter.

Fuck being crap at all of that and scoring a golazo once every 6-7 games vs some Valladolid to bail you out. Last thing we need.

In short, we need 2-3 Pedro types. Unspectacular players who get the job done very well and don't feature in highlights too much. Because if they feature in highlights there's a good chance they might be expensive and command a premium fee.

Play Moneyball as Khaled said weeks ago.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

I'm sure Depay will do okay, and it isn't a bad signing for free.

I guess people need to see what he can do outside of France. Let's be honest here, the French league is pretty shit. I know La Liga isn't as strong as it used to be, but it's a better league than Ligue. We'll see how it goes. If he does shit next season, we could always sell him for a decent price. Like Garcia, he isn't too old and we could potentially get decent money back for them. The same can't be said for the likes of Gini or Aguero.

Home of Barca Fans